ICECrown Week 3: Labrys vs. Shellshock

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

ICECrown Week 3: Labrys vs. Shellshock

Post by Rocket » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Labrys (4WD axe/vert combo) (1-1)
Speed: 4 | Traction: 2 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 (13 spinner / 3 clutch / 11 axe) | Armour: 7 | Hinged Wedgelets

Shellshock (4WD shell spinner) (1-1)
Speed: 3 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 15 | Armour: 10 | FBS

---

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.

I'm almost certainly not winning this. After last week's fight strategy proved to be a pretty dismal failure due to a basic oversight on my part, my one hope at clutching out a win in similar fights is gone. Oh well. Adopt, adapt, and improve. How do we tackle this one?

Shellshock's faster than DHS and it doesn't have that nice flat top, but what it does have is a slanted spinning mass that I can hit at an angle. Hopefully that hit will destabilize it enough to make good an escape from spinny death range - we don't want a repeat of what happened with DHS, now, do we? Shellshock's traction is the bare minimum required for a robot to operate and, even better for my purposes, it's on mecanum wheels that like to slip and slide all over the place. Thus, a plan forms.

I don't even slightly have the stats to box-rush, so I need to approach him from the side as I'm spinning up. Then hit him with the axe and immediately throw the bot into reverse. Hopefully the combination of knockback and the fact that I marginally outspeed him should give me enough time to get out of whirling titanium death range. If it does, keep at it. Again and again. Ride my luck. If by some miracle the hits cause him to destabilize then go after him to try and hit him with the disc. The axe isn't doing any damage at all, so it's nothing but leverage, but the disc CAN hurt him. Potentially. Especially if I manage to hit him in the srimech pole or the baseplate.

I really don't have much of a chance at this, but it's always better to try than not.

Good luck, Noisey, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: ICECrown Week 3: Labrys vs. Shellshock

Post by Noisy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:52 pm

15 weapon v 7 armour. Her wedges are also quite steep so my teeth will have bite more than a shallower wedge. I also think my lowest teeth can hit her hinged wedges.

At the start, move away and spin up to full speed. Once up to full speed, go straight in for the attack. Aim for the front initially and then the sides once it starts to have mobility problems. Stay full throttle and keep attacking until it's immobilised.