ICECrown Week 2: Chernabog vs. HMS Bucolic

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ICECrown Week 2: Chernabog vs. HMS Bucolic

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 am

Okay, so on the one hand, he's very, very fast. On the other hand, he can't really do any damage either by ramming me or using his drill, and he has no wedge whatsoever. My crusher will go right through his armor, but his speed may make him hard to catch.

Come out aggressively. If he's trying to be evasive, just keep driving at him. If he's being aggressive and trying to attack my side, focus on keeping my wedge pointed at him. However, even if he manages to attack me from the side, he doesn't have a wedge, so he'll just ride up onto mine anyway. He looks pretty tall, so keep the claw raised fairly high, and be ready to bring it down immediately if I get him wedged. Don't worry about aiming for certain components initially, just get a grip anywhere I can. Then carry him to the wall, pin him, and adjust. Crushing his exposed engine block would be cool if I can hit it. Otherwise, try to crush the frame rails supporting his drivetrain. Bending those enough could loosen his exposed drive chains and cause them to derail (note the exposed sprockets in his CAD :V) even if I don't destroy internal components. Try to bite through as many places as I can before I have to release him.

He may try to use the arena hazards against me. However, unlike some robots his shape means he can't "boop" the hazards with his wedge to make them spin faster while avoiding damage to squishier parts: he'll be putting his wheels at risk. Also, he has no wedge and equal torque, so good luck actually pushing me into the hazards. Don't drive near the corners unless I'm feeding him into the hazards.

GL HF

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: ICECrown Week 2: Chernabog vs. HMS Bucolic

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:32 pm

General goal is to try to flank around his front and get the drill stuck in things he doesn't want it stuck in - notably aiming for the weight reduction holes in his beak. get it stuck in there, turn it on, and shove him into the hazard things. I can also try and get the drill in between his wings and his chassis, in the arc on his ass, etc.

just in general keep on avoiding anything related to his wedge. I really can't afford being crushed - granted there is a good chance he misses with the crusher since I have a shitton of dead space, but best to not give him that chance.

GL