ROBOT2 HW SFs: Coronal Mass Ejection vs. Vertigo

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT2 HW SFs: Coronal Mass Ejection vs. Vertigo

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:59 am

Spatula config please.

There are two basic ways Vertigo can approach this fight: forwards or backwards.

If he’s facing forward, angle in on his main wedge. It’s 4WD fixed, and my spatula’s a lot longer than the forks on his arm. My speed advantage will also make angling in easier, as will Vertigo’s poor control ratio, and the fact that due to his low ground clearance and wide side wedges, bad enough gyrodancing can lift all his tires off the ground. My plow can take a few stray hits. If I get under him, push forward to get him far enough up my wedge to high-center him, push him to the nearest wall (preferably the short one) and flip. I can easily OOTA over the short wall, and the others are also possible with good aim and timing.

If he’s facing backwards and trying to backhand me with his disc, the same thing about angling in applies. Try to get past his weapon and sneak my spatula under the side of his chassis, then flip immediately. Just get him over and off-balance. His weapon’s pretty high up, and while my flipper’s not gonna be destroyed by a single hit above the plow I still want to avoid it. If this isn’t working, then fire the flipper up into his weapon. Yes, you heard that right. His blade will be spinning down, so if I can catch the blow with my plow it should knock him into the air without damaging me much.

After a flip, he’ll be very slow to self-right with his slow lifter arm and his chassis looks too long to kick himself back over with the bar. While he’s self-righting maneuver to get under him again – again note that I can easily high-center him on my wedge and if I’m under his arm then pressing it won’t get him free. Take him to the wall (again?) and go for the OOTA. Rinse and repeat.

If I can’t get him out, get him stuck on the walls if possible. He’ll probably be able to climb down with his arm, but it may take some time. In the meantime, get in position to flip him again as soon as he gets free. Keep him upside-down, wedged, airborne, or on the wall for as much of the match as possible.

Good Luck etc. etc.

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: ROBOT2 HW SFs: Coronal Mass Ejection vs. Vertigo

Post by Noisy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:50 am

This is going to come down to who has the best wedge, two powered forks v a hinged spatula. An advantage I have with him going for the spatula is that if he gets the spatula between my forks and tries to flip, his spatula will hit my blade as there is no base under my spinner. I also think if his spatula is on the ground then the rest of his flipper must be slightly off the ground and that would allow my forks to get underneath. My weapon is powerful enough damage him but he has the better drivetrain.

At the start, spin up to full speed and stay in the box, turning to face him. Once up to speed, line up my forks with his spatula in between. If he flips, his spatula will hit my blade, and if he doesn't, my forks will be under his main flipper wedge. Once his spatula is damaged, go in and attack the main body and hopefully get a wheel. Always keep the blade facing him. If I get flipped, keep the blade up to full speed, I want to see if I can self right just using the force of the blade. If it doesn't work, use the srimech like normal.