ROBOT2 MW SFs: Hati vs. Frogbot 2000 (again)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT2 MW SFs: Hati vs. Frogbot 2000 (again)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:58 am

Ears and skids both ON please.

All right, just trying to angle in didn’t work last time, so this time I’m putting the skids on.

Be as aggressive as possible. Mix between trying to angle the bots so one of my skids gets underneath his flipper tongue and juking off to the side, then spinning the other direction to get my skirts under the sides of his wedge. Push him around and pin him against the walls as much as possible, but stay away from the low wall.

Take advantage of my invertability to, when flipped, either immediately drive off if his flipper’s already retracted, or rush in and attack him if it isn’t. If I can jam his flipper open I have enough torque to push him backwards.

Good Luck etc. etc.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ROBOT2 MW SFs: Hati vs. Frogbot 2000 (again)

Post by attackfrog » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:03 pm

Charles Guan, I mean HFL, has chosen to wear his furry ears for this match. Now, Hati has been demonstrated to be invertible, yes. But with the ears on? That seems very unlikely to me. As the bot's center of gravity is presumably in front of the ears, it'll rest on the front plow and the ears with the wheels off the ground. This is how I plan to win.

Hati's slightly faster than Frogbot and has a good wedge, so pulling the flip off won't be easy. Still, Frogbot is no snail, and its forks should fit between Hati's skids if we go head to head. It goes without saying that I should get under Hati from the side if I flank it, but I'm not going to count on that: it's more important that I avoid being flanked myself.

I plan to be aggressive but tactical, pursuing Hati while avoiding giving it the chance to flank me. We'll eventually have to meet head on or nearly so, and hopefully I get underneath. I'll go for the flip as soon as I see I've got Hati wedged (but not too soon: I don't want to whiff!) If I get out-wedged instead, I'll do my best to back off and escape: Hati won't be able to push Frogbot very fast. Once I do I'll get back on the attack.

Three minutes should be long enough for me to get in a flip that puts Hati on its back, and that ought to win me the match. If Hati can for some reason drive upside down, I'll keep the same strategy and flip it as much as I can to show control.

Good luck HFL!