ROBOT2 LW SFs: Terpsichora vs. Burger Princess (again)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT2 LW SFs: Terpsichora vs. Burger Princess (again)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:57 am

Ken Config (anti-spinner wedge) please.

Not this fucking robot again.

Well, box rushing didn’t work last time. So, just spin up, get into the middle of the arena, and attack at my own leisure. If I can’t get to him before he’s at full speed and away from the walls, then I want to make the first hit count. Circle around a bit and see if I can juke him into oversteering while trying to point his blade at me. He’s got very poor traction and the counter-torque of an enormous weapon to deal with, and 15-30 degrees of oversteer or understeer could expose his side prongs or wheels depending on which way he’s facing. If I get a shot at those, go for it. Otherwise charge into him in a direction that will send him towards the short wall.

After the first hit, go CONSTANT AGGRESSION. Keep knocking him towards the walls (preferably the low one), destabilizing him, and slowing his weapon down. Try to either get a hit on one of his wheels and tear it off (this will render his weapon unusable when he’s right-side up) or throw him out of the arena. If he gets up to full speed try to get as many hits out of my wedge as possible by aiming parts of it that have taken less punishment into his disc. If he’s inverted and at full speed try going for his prongs as well: with that disc at an angle he’ll be very vulnerable to gyrodancing and lifting his drive wheels off the ground.

Good Luck etc. etc.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: ROBOT2 LW SFs: Terpsichora vs. Burger Princess (again)

Post by V900 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:42 pm

hella

starting right side up

So my main thing is going to be eating his wedge out like it's thanksgiving dinner all over again. He's got 11 armor tops on his front, and I have 16 weapon. If I get any corner hits at all on the 90% of this robot that isn't disc, then it's GG match over thanks for the W.

What I want to do here is spin up and approach with caution whenever I'm close. Odds are that he'll try to pluck off my stabilizer-wing doohickeys, which is where the whole "be cautious" thing comes in. With 4 speed, I can turn and then slip-n-slide my disc into some part of his robot. If it's a corner, nice, if it's a surface, whatever. I still do some big damage either way and any hit puts us both back into neutral. Stay away from walls because that prevents me from going into neutral.

As for me, I think those exposed bolts holding Terpiwhatever's wedge on look ripe for some corner damage. I can definitely clip those off without coming to a dead stop.

In summary:
-smack those corners/bolts
-aim for the side of his disc if I'm about to get hit
-the underside of my disc won't take any damage from his disc. be especially careful if I'm inverted- inch forward, only hit with my disc and don't rush in if this is the case
-avoid walls if possible, but it's more important that I don't get anything ripped off. I know he'll try and mix things up after he got whupped the first time, so watch out for that

gl hf