ROBOT2 FW SFs: Vorpal Bunny vs. Hat Garage

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT2 FW SFs: Vorpal Bunny vs. Hat Garage

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 am

All right, I’m assuming Gabe isn’t a complete moron and will therefore be using his ABR wedge instead of either of his “free corner damage for horizontal spinners” options.

So, standard anti-brick tactics. Spin up and get in the middle of the arena ASAP. Keep my weapon pointed at him, and try to hit approximately the middle of his plow. This is for two reasons. First, I want to keep hitting the same place to try and tear holes in his wedge, and second, there’s a hole in the center for his punching bar which could make it weaker there – plus, if inverted I might even bounce up and catch the edges of the hole.

When up to speed, charge in and hit him hard so the force of the hit knocks me away. Turn the weapon off until I’ve got two wheels on the ground, then immediately get away from the walls and back up to speed. Stay in the middle of the arena, and especially away from the low wall.

I’ve got enough power that repeatedly hitting the same spot will tear holes in his wedge and threaten a KO, so just try to keep getting those big hits.

Good Luck etc. etc.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: ROBOT2 FW SFs: Vorpal Bunny vs. Hat Garage

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 pm

DOING THIS: https://i.imgur.com/Vak08pv.jpg, rear stabilizers ON

ME: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 3 / Armor: 11

HIM: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 7

he has a significant amount of armor over his weapon, but it comes at the the cost of... well... his everything. lackluster speed, lackluster control, and his weapon:weparm disparity is 5, so he'll start to see wear and tear on the bar as we fight. I have to leverage this to minimize impacts - with my wedge shape and armor, I probably have 4 or 5 hits before I die, but he'll recover much slower than me, could OOTA himself, and can't run away from me effectively.

stay on him like a fly on something so sticky it can't escape from it. try to angle into the rotation of his blade to minimize damage, and try to get him to rebound into walls to slow the weapon and trap him. if possible, pin him by the low wall and try to OOTA him by shoving him into it with the puncher bar (that's why the body's angled upwards in this config).

and uh, yeah that's kinda it. there's not really any tricks to this match tbh, it's just stat vs stat. if I get him under control, he stays under control because fuck if he's escaping for long enough to get the weapon up to speed with that drivetrain

GL