ICECrown Week 1: Labrys vs. IMMA SCATMAN

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

ICECrown Week 1: Labrys vs. IMMA SCATMAN

Post by Rocket » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Labrys (0-0 atow) (4WD spinner/axe)
Speed: 4 | Traction: 2 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 (13 Spinner / 3 Clutch / 11 Hammer) | Armour: 7 | Removable Hinged Wedgelets

IMMA SCATMAN (0-0 atow) (2WD chainsaw)
Speed: 7 | Traction: 6 | Torque: 2 | Weapon: 3 (2 lifter / 2 chainsaw) | Armour: 12 (+1 side prongs) | 2WD lifting wedge

---

So I have to deal with an 11-armour bot with a superior drivetrain. What do I have? Not a lot. Oh well. I do two damage to his bodywork, side prongs notwithstanding, and he's a pressing dustpan. I lose that almost every time because... because writers. I'm not going to be able to angle in on him any way except reactively. That said, the wedgelets are staying. If I can get underneath via a reactive angling-in, then that's two corner damage. The forks help with that, but it'd take clever driving to pull off. So that's what I'm hopefully going to pull off.

IS is essentially a brick, so I'd wager he's gonna go for the box-rush. When the fight starts, I'm therefore going to spin up whilst heading towards the centre. When he's close, reverse at an oblique angle. This should let me catch him off-guard and countercharge, getting underneath. My spinner launches him six and a half feet into the air as well as doing whatever damage it does, and that means IS is gonna bounce. I doubt it'll land the right way up, and for ICEs, that's a problem. His self-righting is sluggish, as it's a 2-speed lifter, so if I get that hit stay on him aiming to shred wheels and tyres. Hell, I might even use the axe for some extra aggression points.

That's the plan if I can get under him. If I can't, then I'm stuck on his dustpan. While I might be able to reverse off given how slow the lifting mechanism is, I'm not confident that'll happen. Instead, I have to let him hit me with the chainsaw... right in the disc. It doesn't have enough points for weapon armour, so if I can manoeuvre myself so that his saw hits my disc then that's a two corner-damage hit essentially for free. Additionally, it might even knock the saw backwards in an arc, and if it does then the lifter has to drop down as well since Vee's said they're on the same system. This could give me time to disengage and reset. I'll keep trying to get under him, but also go for free hits on his chainsaw if I keep getting outwedged.

Assuming I don't drive like a concussed lemon, I've got a chance. Not a good chance, mark you, but a chance.

Good luck, Vee, and have fun. =]

---

EDIT: 01:29 (GMT) 29/11/2018: Edited to bring in line with 400-word RP limit.
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: ICECrown Week 1: Labrys vs. IMMA SCATMAN

Post by V900 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:49 am

drive at the opponent until she dies