Hovercrap vs Maurdread - ICEcrown week 1

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Hovercrap vs Maurdread - ICEcrown week 1

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:22 pm

First :V
Hovercrap:
Speed: 4
Traction: 1
Torque: 1
Weapon: 17(16/16)
Armor: 7

Maurdread:
Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 7
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Hovercrap vs Maurdread - ICEcrown week 1

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:00 pm

Well, lets see. He is a bit faster and has better control over his bot, but not enough to control the fight, box rush or pin me against a wall.
Both of us will deal significant damage to the others weapon and a shit load of damage everywhere else(i don´t see him hitting my body though).
It´s still a goodish deal for me going weapon to weapon because he needs to catch the teeth to get a solid hit (and his wedge/drum geometry doesn´t help a lot with that) while for me hitting anywhere on the drum will do the trick and i might even get the corner bonus if i catch the edges of said drum.
My bottom ring might hit his front wedge instead of his drum.
Maurdread´s high center of mass makes it easier for it to get flipped, probably won´t happen because i´m a HS but still if it does his srimech is KE-transfer so he will need to get up to speed, fire the srimech, and the spin up again, giving me enough time for me to land a free hit.
Also, i can in fact self right, he does gyrodance, and bonus points if i somehow hit the exposed fuel tank.

At the start of the match spin up away from him, if he does come at me in a box-rushy way there is a thingy stopping him from going in a straight line. instead he must go to a side, and i will just run towards the other one.
When i get up to speed go towards Maurdread, maybe at an angle, BUT at the last moment(TBH more like 1-2 seconds earlier) turn sideways. if he does nothing to this i will hit him on the sides doing a ton of damage, but if he turn he will gyro dance, lifting a side up, giving me a better chance to land a hit on that wedge or it´s bottom, destroying said wedge and probably messing his frame. doing this several time whould be predictable so do it once or twice and then just go straight for the front.
After each hit i can run away to get the rings up to speed again.

Avoid getting pined against the walls or him driving in a way that keeps me close to them. Be aggressive but not too much, don´t do stupid shit and watch out for shenanigans.
GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: Hovercrap vs Maurdread - ICEcrown week 1

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:54 am

you know, of all things to be entered in any ARC comp, i didn't expect a hovercraft to be one, and i think this match may serve as a harsh reminder of why that is, while his spinners are certainly no joke, hovercrafts are this bot type that have absolutely disgusting grip and control, so the moment he'll land a shot on me, he'll be pinging all over the place, hitting walls, damaging himself, losing control points and sliding into hasards, and my drum should be surviving weapon to weapon contacts with him, and let his slidiness do the rest, so the plan is fairly straight-forward, always make sure our weapons and ONLY our weapons collide, and be careful to always point my face torwards him so he don't hit our side or corners on a weird wall-bounce, otherwise it's just a matter of letting him crash into everything after recoiling from every hit.

GL