Riptide vs Epic Waluigi

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Riptide vs Epic Waluigi

Post by V900 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:56 pm

Static bars.

Spin said bars upward. I have much less armor and 1 hit to my wheels is gonna put EW out of the tournament.

HOWEVER

I also have much more weapon than he does, and he decided to give his wedgelets of all things a +1 bonus, meaning I can also 1-shot him if I can get past the drum and to his chassis. We have the same amount of speed so getting a head-on collision shouldn't be toooooo out of the question. Make sure he doesn't try anything sneaky like angling-in. That'll only make it easier for me to drive my weapon into his.

Once the weapons collide, mine should win out due to spinning much faster. If I do win out in a W2W, go in and attempt to smack the chassis. If something goes wrong, run away to an open part of the arena.

gl hf

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: Riptide vs Epic Waluigi

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:58 pm

RipTide: 6 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 10 weapon / 9 armour (+1 skids)

Epic Waluigi: 6 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 14 weapon / 5 armour

We have the same drivetrain stats and both can mulch the other's main chassis. With my wide stance and low-powered drum and his 4WD, neither is going to suffer too much from gyroscopic forces. Weapon-to-weapon also isn't going to result in any appreciable damage. The crux of the match is this: He has insanely vulnerable front wheels and a papier-mache chassis. My hollow drum is has a ton of width, and enough height to render my body safe. He has to avoid head-to-head contact unless it's literally 100% perfectly head on, which doesn't really happen much in the real world of countless variables and human error. Even in terms of potentially flipping me in a h2h, the single tooth on my drum looks like it sweeps considerably lower to the ground and there's a lot less for him to get any bite on, so flipping is highly unlikely. Even should he hit my skids, they have ten armour and are designed with shallow, angled slopes to reduce damage. It's not catastrophic. For him, losing a wheel would be, as it also renders his weapon virtually inoperable.

What this all leads up to is the following: He's not dumb, so he's either relying on flipping me, or there are shenanigans incoming, whether they're sideways starts, reversing, baiting, or another gambit. Be ready for something sneaky or off-kilter (especially in the opening bit) and don't just walk into it. I have the design advantage, so use it. Press the action without being reckless and use little last second turns to just get those wheels. One hit is all it'll take and the complexion of the fight changes completely. Force the head-to-head, but don't take massive chances with my so-so control ratio. He, on the other hand, is going to be all-but-forced to take chances with the exact same ratio, so eat those up. Drive smart, evaluate and adjust to strategies not explicitly covered here, and stay aggressive but not stupid.

GL my main dude.