ROBOT2 HW QFs: Coronal Mass Ejection vs. Starstruck

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT2 HW QFs: Coronal Mass Ejection vs. Starstruck

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:19 am

Anti-spinner plow (no wedgelets) please.

Hoo boy, another horizontal… my luck hasn’t been good with those lately.

I want to approach this match a bit more cautiously than the one with Death Metal. Come out aggressively, but don’t approach him at a speed where I don’t have time to respond to any juking maneuvers he pulls to try to get to my sides. Angle into his spin direction if possible, otherwise just make sure I don’t give him anything to hit but my plow. I have three things going for me on this front: first, he’s not as fast as Death Metal. Second, he has a lot less reach than Death Metal, so “swing-around” type maneuvers will be less effective. Third, his weapon is sitting at an angle. It’s not huge, but it will cause gyroscopic forces to take weight off his wheels when he turns in one direction.

After the initial contact, keep pursuing him. A glancing blow may pop him in the air and/or cause gyrodancing, giving me a chance to either hit his weapon again or get under his side. A bigger hit could throw him into the walls or make him hit the floor. Either way, try to get his weapon slowed or stopped and get under him.

He might try reversing into me to try to high-profile my plow like Magnolia Grande. If he’s doing this, be a bit cagier. His reach will be even more limited like that, so try to get to his sides, going around him in the direction where him turning will tend to induce wheel lift. I have almost double his speed and it doesn’t take much of an angle to let me get under his wheels. Once under him flip quickly: hopefully this will make him hit the floor when he lands.

When I’ve got his weapon slowed/stopped, push him to the wall and flip him. His hoops of shame will right him on open floor, and are big enough that I don’t think he’ll fit in the OOTA zone. However, getting him stuck inverted with one or more of the hoops sort of hooked over the wall could strand him, and he could also get high-centered against the wall on his side. Get him stuck if possible: otherwise tossing him around when I can should still help my aggression and control scores. Press the advantage and keep him from getting up to full speed as long as possible.

He has front wedgelets. If these are getting under me, angle in if possible, but his disc stops him from getting very far under and I have more torque, so if I can’t get around them then push him backwards and flip him (my flipper will still be under his disc).
Basically, be cautiously aggressive and keep him from getting lulzy hits on my sides/top, knock him around the arena and flip him around, and try to get him stuck on the wall somehow.

Good Luck etc. etc.

Badnik96

Re: ROBOT2 HW QFs: Coronal Mass Ejection vs. Starstruck

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:01 am

hoops on

spin up, aim for corners, try not to die. play defensive so he can't stop my spinner, just keep it pointed at him

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ