Hati vs Flame Grilled

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Hati vs Flame Grilled

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:15 pm

At the start of the battle I want to chase down Hati as quickly a possible in order to go for some hammer shots, I don't want to stand still and allow Hati to circle around me, since Hati has no damaging weapon he would have to rely on pushing capabilities. I want to prevent Flame Grilled from getting pushed about so I'll need to keep on moving and aim for some lucky shots in hope to cause problems to Hati's electronics.

Hati's armour may be capable to whist and the blows of Flame Grilled's hammer but if I keep on hitting him something loose might potentially cause Hati problems.

If Hati gets close to me and attempts to angle in on me I'll quickly get away and again go for some lucky hit's with the hammer. If I do however get one decent hit which pins Hati on top of the arena floor I'll activate my flames on the hammer in order to try and burn out the electronics of my opponent.

Good luck and may the bets bot win :).

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Hati vs Flame Grilled

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:16 am

Ears OFF, Skids ON.

So, this is a lot like the fight with Axtinguisher, except Flame Grilled doesn’t have Mecanums but does have a 2WD wedge. So, use a similar strategy.

Rush across the arena at the start to close the distance, then keep getting under him and shoving him around.

I have a pretty big speed advantage, so see if I can juke him enough to get under him at an angle where his hammer can’t reach me. If this isn’t working though, just go full Yeti and slam into him. My skids should let me get under his front wedge, and if that doesn’t work it’s narrow enough that I may be able to angle in thanks to my speed advantage. He’ll being doing essentially zero damage with his hits, and I’m hoping with the ears off I can push far enough underneath him that his axe head will overshoot my chassis entirely. Even if he jukes me and lands a hammer hit, the force will pop him up in the air and give me a change to adjust and get under him.

So basically, just stay on the attack for the entire three minutes. Keep chasing him, getting under him, and slamming him into the walls. There’s very little he can do to stop me with such a big speed advantage, a worse wedge, and a weapon that can’t control me or separate the bots. He might be able to shake himself free of my wedge with his hammer. However, it doesn’t look like he has much ground clearance and he’s 2WD, so in practice he’ll be easy to high-center and actually freeing himself will be more difficult. He might get a 3-2 on damage, but there’s no way he’s beating me on aggression or control if I don’t drive like an idiot.

Good Luck etc. etc.