Magnolia Grande vs Neuromancer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Magnolia Grande vs Neuromancer

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Magnolia: 4 speed / 2 traction / 1 torque / 16 weapon / 7 armour

Neuromancer: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 7 (+1 weapon) - ABR Wedge

Something something faux pau to directly copy RPs - fuck that, my best chance is to do exactly what I did last time. I also have the advantage of knowing that he'll try to counter it - meaning that i can put all of my effort into watching his movements closely to ensure that his weapons don't contact anything but my wedge, especially in the initial engagement (which does still has 10 armor, which isn't 1 hit KO territory! :V ). use my traction disparity to my advantage, instead of fighting it, if I need to counter what he's doing (such as doing the spin around thing he did last time) - tokyo drift into that motherfucker's blades to make it less of a full-on impact or something.

Box rush. I have 8 speed and 4 torque. I will reach him before he gets up to speed.

The real question is, can I keep him down without taking enough damage? My drive stats say probably, and my continuous attempts to prop him up against the arena walls also say "please accidentally OOTA yourself with weapon recoil," but in the end that's up to you mr. writer.

also keep in mind I do still have 10 frontal armor so I do have like, 3 hits at his full power before I'm completely fucked. also he has almost no tracks exposed up top so flipping him will make him much less effective, and I have a 5 power lifter that can toss him front-hinged, as well as upwards. this front hinged flipping might also let me toss him out of the arena eventually.

so yeah, rush his ass, and stay on his ass. try and get him out of the arena, and waste his time.

GL

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: Magnolia Grande vs Neuromancer

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Didn't see anything about a word limit, so I'll assume it's 500.

I guess we can start by addressing the last match. Let’s just say that sometimes very unlikely things happen in robotic combat: a strange ricochet, a piece of armour overperforming its specs, or an unexpected part failure, and they lead to outcomes that nobody would’ve predicted. However, that doesn’t mean that they’re going to happen again, and I doubt that Gabe, as smart as he is, will be banking on that.

I’m assuming that he’ll use the ABR plow. It gives him weapon armour because it doesn’t split his weapon points. However, he loses his ability to flip me front-hinged, and his plow doesn’t really have the depth to turn something with as large a footprint as Grande over, regardless of its power. It’s not a flipper. If he goes with another option, laugh at the free corner damage and lack of weapon armour.

That said, the central strategies open to him and myself are pretty clear: I need to score a few powerful hits to knock him out; he has to prevent me from doing that for three minutes straight.

I think the main shortcoming of my RP the last time around is that it didn’t address the fact that damage done affects functionality. His plow might still be attached to his front after a hit but, if it’s warped, is it going to lift and lower properly? Maybe it'll interfere with his wheels. How about sitting flush against the ground? Is he going to be forced to lift it a little bit so its warping doesn’t affect his ability to drive? My undercutters will love that. There’s also the fact that fighting robots are made up of interconnected systems. Hit that plow hard enough and the things attached to it, like motors, break.

The strategy is largely the same as last time. I don’t think there was too much wrong with it. A box rush is obviously coming, and he’s FAST, but guess what? No shenanigans this time. Eight minus four equals four. I can reduce his effective closing speed from eight speed to four speed just by starting sideways and shamelessly running away in reverse, keeping my blades pointed at him until they’re spun up. He’ll catch me, but it’ll buy me enough time to get into my power band and then it’s fun time. Overall, I want to stay wiggly, wriggly, and mobile. Grande has a lot of width at the front, so even if he gets one blade on his plow and stops it, I’ll already be hooking the other one around. He has 7 armour and I should go through that like a fat kid through a cake. His plow also has pretty sharp edges, so clipping one of them with either blade should give me 5 points of corner damage, enough to potentially tear it off in a single hit. Overall, I have the big weapon, so play this smart. Be evasive when I need to and aggressive whenever I can.

Good luck dude.