Hat Garage vs Salamandra

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Hat Garage vs Salamandra

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Hat Garage: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 3 / Armor: 11

Salamandra: Speed: 6
Weapon: 9 (8 saw, 1 arm)
Armor: 9 (+3 to the front wedge and the horns, not counting the forks)
Traction: 4
Torque: 2

DOING THIS: https://i.imgur.com/BdyRbWy.jpg . rear stabilizers OFF

Of Note: His back tail is spring loaded, which means that it doesn't fully protect against him wheeliing. this probably means that we're both about equally likely to wheelie, him potentially a bit more than me. also of note: if he ever wedges me, I can push with my bar off of his wedge spikes up top to free myself. also he's slower, less controlled, and I out-push him. we're both 2WD, so it's a crapshoot when the bar is in. when the bar is extended, that single wedge point should always win, assuming we meet head-on (which is reasonably expected given my drive advantages).

Come at him aggressive and stay aggressive: I'm looking to exploit his poor control to get under him at slight angles so that he has a harder time escaping the bar. when I get close (well within my effective range with the bar fully extended), angle in and fire the bar, then start shoving him into walls and shit.

also good options if this doesn't work/if I want to switch things up:
-angle in without firing, then fire the bar as we come near a wall to try and flip him.
-come straight at him with the bar extended
-come straight at him: if I get under, fire the bar to try and get him stranded on its high point/flip him into a wall. if he gets under, fire the bar to get it locked onto his wedge spikes, and get my wheels on the ground, so that I can then out-shove him.
-fire just before I get in range to spook him. the goal here is to make him try to back up to avoid the bar, and then quickly accelerate when he realizes I've "missed", thereby wheeliing himself just enough for me to get in there. do not do this more than once or twice, and only do it if I'm otherwise struggling to engage him successfully.

don't let him get under from angles - if he's successfully angling in when I have the bar extended, stop extending the bar before engaging. if he does get under from an angle, focus on flailing with the bar and j-hooking, and I should be able to get free. if he gets under me from the front, I always have the option to push back against him and win the shoving war, firing the bar as far as I need to make sure my wheels are on the ground.

GL

Badnik96

Re: Hat Garage vs Salamandra

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:58 pm

aim for his sides, get under and bring the saw down to cut into him

there really isnt much i can do here but i just dont want to ff

gl hf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ