ROBOT2 LW QFs: Terpsichora vs Twin Typhoons

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT2 LW QFs: Terpsichora vs Twin Typhoons

Post by Trihunter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Terps (Ken config): Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 11 / Armor: 9 (+2 front wedge)

Twins: Weapon: 1 / Traction: 1 (4 whilst Meltying) / Torque: 1 / Speed: 13 / Armor: 8 (+2 to thwack teeth)

Okay, so both twins hit for 2 or 6 damage, depending on impact point. Have the twins split and spin up as usual, prioritising keeping up to speed at all times. Attempt to encircle Terps, gradually closing in from both sides together, generally keeping somewhat close to Terps, letting whichever would hit the rear of Terps strike first. If one gets smacked and stops, have it retreat and get back to speed again, whilst the other closes in on Terps' ass to try to get it off of the other. Terps can't deal damage unless he hits the middle bit of the bot, which, considering the shape of the Twins, may not actually even be possible (I think the thwack arms would block each side of the wedge), but regardless, it's preferred that we stay away if we get spun down. Ideally a strike on the very edge of the chassis could pull the wedge clean off, though I doubt it'd be written :V If one twin gets KO'd, get the other spinning and smack em for whatever hits we can. Overall, keep up to speed as long as possible, and don't let Terps get a chance to smack our squishy bits.

Hooray For Lexan

Re: ROBOT2 LW QFs: Terpsichora vs Twin Typhoons

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:14 am

Ken Config (anti-spinner plow) please.

Spin up, come out into the middle of the arena, and see what the twins do. If they’re staying close together, try to maneuver so one is between me and its partner, and come in and smack it. If they’re relatively far apart, target one and knock it away, then turn around and go for the other one.

I’ve got a good idea of what Tri’s going to try to do here: hit me from behind with one twin while I’m attacking the other. However, both his bots have an extremely slow translational speed, and it’s a big arena. I want to keep the twins separated by repeatedly hitting them and punting them around the arena.

If possible, knock one of them into the wall and stop its spin, then hit it again while it’s vulnerable. The twins’ outer portions can stand up to my weapon in this config, but the inner parts only have six armor, so if I can get my discs between the teeth I can cause serious damage. I’ll also be hitting a half-sized bot with a decently powerful vertical spinner, so OOTAs are a possibility, and their shape and low ground clearance could let them get stranded on the wall. However, keep an eye on the other twin: if it gets within fifteen feet of me, switch targets and go for the one trying to flank me, and keep switching targets back and forth until I can get another opening to go for a KO.

Don’t be an idiot and get flanked by bots that move at 1 speed. Don’t get overzealous trying to destroy one of them. Knocking them around will still give me aggression points, and will keep me in control of the match.

If I can disable one of them, focus on the other one, and if the disabled one is stuck on the wall try to keep the working one on the other side of the arena to stop it from knocking its twin free. Again, try to corner the survivor against the wall, stop its spin, and either get hits on the inner parts of the tribar or throw it out of the arena.

Good Luck etc. etc.