ROBOT2 Middleweight Quarter-Finals: Dragonfist vs. Dredd

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

ROBOT2 Middleweight Quarter-Finals: Dragonfist vs. Dredd

Post by Rocket » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 am

Dragonfist: 2WD Shell-Flail Combo
Speed: 3 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 15 | Armour: 10

Dredd: 2WD Punchbar Wedgeclown, Also The Law
Speed: 8 | Traction: 8 | Torque: 2 | Weapon: 1 | Armour: 11 (+2 front, including frontal diagonal bits)

---

You know, there's something I've noticed about Dredd's statblock. Normally people say +2 wedge or similar, but not this guy. No, V900 specifically states the front of his robot, including the protective wings. It's a long shot, but this might give me something to work with. Christ knows I need it; this bot went undefeated in the group stages for a reason, and the reason wasn't "it didn't fight enough shell spinners". That said, though, it didn't fight any big spinners at all in its group matches, so maybe he won't know how to fight a shellaaaaaAAAHHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHHA-

Sorry. Anyway. Plan. What I've sort of managed to glean from the pictures of the bot is that the front wedge plate is swept back at the edges to better deflect horizontal spinners such as myself. Bearing in mind that only the front of those diagonal plates gets the armour bonus, the back is at 9 armour. I might - MIGHT - be able to get a crafty flail hit to the back of those bent wedge plates with my flails. They've got the reach to do it and it won't really be something he expects. Probably. If it does come together, that's 6 corner damage on the wedge plate, which is where we start getting into "big metal plough go bye bye at speed" territory, and if that happens then he's on the ropes.

The plan is therefore to start spinning up and get away from the walls. When he comes in for the inevitable box rush, try and back away towards the furthest wall. Then, well, it's time to break out the praying.

This might sound like I'm going for the Hail Mary play, and that's because I absolutely am. Dredd's got a way higher top speed, it's more pointable, and it's quicker out the blocks. It's also got stupidly thick frontal armour. The reach advantage that my flails give me is literally the only one I've got, and I have to make it count. It's probably not gonna work, but if it does.

My oh my, if it does.

Good luck V, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: ROBOT2 Middleweight Quarter-Finals: Dragonfist vs. Dredd

Post by V900 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:28 pm

Wedglets off, kthx

This thing has 15 weapon and my front (including the two side bits) have 13 armor, so right off the bat this thing's gonna do next-to-no damage unless my top or rear somehow get hit.

Angle in so that it's weapon hits my front directly head-on rather than swiping it to the side, ram my face into his weapon at very high speed, wait for him to become stable again before going for another lunge. Repeat for 3 minutes. Be careful not to fire my piston into his flails or anything like that, only if I'm certain that it'll lift up his chassis instead. I'm multiple times faster than him, so not getting ganked should be easy.

gl hf