Tax Cutter vs. Speed Bison (R4 SHW Finals!)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Tax Cutter vs. Speed Bison (R4 SHW Finals!)

Post by attackfrog » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Tax Cutter: 3S / 2Tr / 1To / 7A (+1 weapon) / 17W

Speed Bison: 7S / 6Tr / 3To / 12A (+1 plow) / 2W

Speed Bison is using its plow, as you'd expect.

On the one hand, a 17-weapon spinner is a scary thing, even for a robot as heavily armored as Speed Bison. On the other, Speed Bison has smothered several similarly-powerful spinners to get this far, and Aquatic Robotics is confident they can do it once again.

Tax Cutter has some important weaknesses I hope to exploit. One is the shape of its blade: the curved outer edges of the blades will mean it'll be slicing at a wide plow like Speed Bison's rather than catching on it: the plow will hit the curved edge first before the pointy part. This will mean there will be less knockback to the impact, and I'll be able to stay on top of Tax Cutter as I attempt to stop the blade. The second weakness is how far forward its wheels are. Once I do stop the blade and get the front part of Tax Cutter up onto my plow, its wheels should be raised off the ground, allowing me to push it around and slam it into a wall pretty easily.

So my strategy is this: box rush to get to Tax Cutter before it's blade is up to speed, stay in its face and tank the blade until it stops, and then slam it into the wall as hard as I can manage. Pin it there, back off when I need to, and then go back in and slam it some more. If it tries some tricks such as starting out sideways, I'll be careful not to let it clip the sides of my plow, but I'll take advantage of being able to get to the side of Tax Cutter if given the opportunity, hoping to get behind it and slam it into the wall weapon-first.

Good luck Kody!

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Re: Tax Cutter vs. Speed Bison (R4 SHW Finals!)

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Last 4 finals appearances I haven't struck gold. I must be losing my touch. Anyway I have to step up for the spinners here since it's looking ominous for Clown Recluse and Infrared. Can I win one for the spinners in the long battle of SHW rammers vs SHW spinners? Let's find out!

Going undercutter.

Speed Bison is pretty nimble, but I'm going to have to call out its wheel set-up and mechanism. It's 4WD, but the rear wheels are incredibly close together, while the front ones are pretty far from each other. That honestly has got to do something to his ability to turn properly. But that's not all. Because most of the weight is actually in the body, and the front wheels themselves are connected to lifting arms, this means that's he going to be resting on mainly the back wheels, and the front plow, because the plow will be in constant contact with the ground unless Jack pushes the front wheels into the ground. This also means that his traction and torque stats suffer as a result, so the knockback I deal to him is more severe since his front wheels don't have full contact with the ground, and he won't be able to recover as easily.

I do 4 damage to his plow and 6 damage to his main body. That means the first hit I make on his plow will instantly tear through some of it, and then I can keep aiming for that specific part, while any hit I make to his body threatens a knockout. Now, I managed to knock out Lifter 2, who unlike Speed Bison had 13 armour on his whole body, not just the front. Furthermore, even though Lifter 2 was a tad slower, he suffered even less knockback due to having tracks. Factor in the aforementioned problems I pointed out in Speed Bison's drivetrain and Jack's in big trouble.

Honestly, I think I'm going to forego any sneaky strategies here and just take the fight to him. Even with traction problems he's just too fast to really flank. The main aim will be to bat him aside again and again until the plow's pretty much gone, and then pretty much destroy him. Let's take relief in the fact that he literally cannot damage me at all, even counting ramming damage (he does 5, I have 6 body armour), so it's possible that, should the match go to the judges, I can even sweep damage. I just have to have enough aggression to back it up.

Speed Bison also has a rather steep lifter, so if he ever does raise the body up to lift me, I'm going to try to fall off, then target his wheels. I doubt he would though, but it's a just in case.

Don't let him get around me. That's why the wheels are so far forward, so I can turn easier than other spinners.

Keep the fight as much in the middle of the arena as possible. Try to position myself and angle hits that don't throw me into a corner. Or if I have to, angle them so that I actually bounce off the wall and then away. It's possible. :V

Good luck Jack, and may the better bot win!
This account is in a state of dimensional flux