Wedgelord vs Infrared

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

Wedgelord vs Infrared

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Wedgelord:
Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 4
Weapon: 1
Armor: 11

Infrared:
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armor: 7

(rip thread subtitles)
IMO, vertical spinners only work as anti-bricks by being able to get under bricks. This requires wedgelets. Infrared doesn't have those.

Be aggressive. Because he doesn't have wedgelets, I can just drive right under his weapon, take a teeny flat-surface hit that'll knock his drum upwards more than it'll move me, and proceed to pin him on the wall. Sounds like a solid plan to me. Now for contingency stuff.

He could try to angle at the last second and catch the indents in my wedge (really wish I'd made those removable now but w/e). My first run at him will be a fakeout - I'll stop right in front of him, just out of his weapon range, and see what he does. If he turns, I know to expect him to do that, and will turn to match him on subsequent charges.

He could drive backwards. Even with the pressing mechanism he has, I still think I should get under him every time since a lot of his weight is in the drum. Furthermore, it'll lift his rear wheels off the ground, compromising his driving ability and inviting me to flank him. Get under and pin him.

If I get flipped over, drive forward into his drum to flip myself back. If he drives backwards while I'm flipped, use my horizontal thwack option to catch the side of his wedge and spin him around so I can reach the drum.

tl;dr: brick do what brick do best. play to aggression and control, hope the judges understand that a few scratches against a mostly untouched bot does not warrant a 15-0 damage score (it happens enough that yes, i do feel the need to include that in my rp now)

Good luck! :D

BEES

Re: Wedgelord vs Infrared

Post by BEES » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Wedgelord - https://i.imgur.com/v1iPEYu.png

Infrared - https://i.imgur.com/dlVpWJi.jpg -Tiny vertical teeth for this match.

Wedgelord is very brickish but has lots of dangly bits all over for my drum to catch and flip him with. There are a few different approaches I could take, but the end goal is the same: flip him up-side down, then keep the wedge facing him and just bully him and control the match from that point onwards.

-He is weakly-invertible, and the hazards are off so there's nowhere for him to self-right unless I do it for him, which I won't. :P

-There is a bigger issue that I suspect nobody has noticed up until this point, but if he's an overhead thwack then he can't be a 2WD static wedge up front like claims. It is physically impossible for him to be both. In order for him to move forward, that tail swings back and hits the floor, pressing against it. Which means the hammer is the 3rd point, NOT the wedge. His wedge should be more effective than Overkill's since it has more weight, but not as effective as say, Voltronic's. If he clutches the hammer this will make it even worse as the front will pull up when he moves forward. His best bet is keeping the hammer unclutched and allowing his wedge to be hinged, but I am skeptical it will outprioritize my wedge--which should press harder.

-In which case, I can use his wedge's teeth to my advantage. Go wedge first and angle in. Get him to retreat and then swing around to land a parting shot with the drum.
-An alternate approach if that fails is to angle in with the drum and try to ride it over his top. Since it is hinged it will fall back over onto his wheels and fling him, then follow up.
-If he's not using the clutch, that hammer swings over his top when he reverses which gives my drum another target to fling.
-If he's ever flipped, keep the wedge facing him and move forward.
-If he's flipped, only use the drum in the last few seconds for some extra damage points.

Good Luck

N