RoBattle HW Week 6 2v2: MiDAS & Neuromancer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 am

This is the megathread for NFX and The_Angry_Goat to discuss strategy in this week's 2v2 battle. You may discuss elsewhere too, but only discussion here will be considered for the RP. Remember, if your teammate FFs, you may RP in their place.

The 2v2 rules can be found here.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:18 pm

TRIANGLE NOSE

Basic plan is for me to take on Compound fracture, and him to take on LowRider, generally - Low rider can't actually press, or even have his wedge riding on the ground without MAJORLY impacting his driving, since he doesn't just press his wedge, but his entire body when he presses, which would obviously lift his wheels off the ground: this means that MiDAS's forks should beat it out in pretty much every circumstance, and I'll always end up beating its wedge if I do have to interact with it.

we proved in the labyrinth that CF's forks and my triangle nose are an even match, which means I'll slowly win thanks to torque. the same thing will happen if he uses the anti-vert scoop. any other wedge he uses has a wider point of contact than the single point my wedge tapers to, so I'll also beat those head-on. so that means I'll be aggressive and unrelenting, and constantly on his ass, flipping him, shoving him places, whatever. push for a head-to-head, but don't be afraid to counter-angle-in if he tries angling. otherwise, it's a standard wedge fight, you can fill in the details lol.

GL
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:55 pm

6WD and twin forks, please.

MiDAS will focus on Lowrider in this fight. Neuromancer seemed well suited for Compound Fracture, and Gabe is confident in his abilities, so I'll leave him to that.

In the Labyrinth event, MiDAS was repeatedly able to get underneath Lowrider's wedge with its lifting forks, so focus on doing that again. I'll have two of his wheels off the ground as well, at least, so I can push him back into whatever hazards are available whilst hammering away with my axe for Aggression points. Also, I could stack him up on the side of the arena again to take him out for a while, and play nuisance against CF in the meantime, getting under him from the side and allowing Neuromancer an easier shot at him.

Avoid the walls and hazards myself, don't do anything daft in terms of driving. Self-right if I'm overturned for any reason, of course. Keep the fight as two 1-on-1 matches for the most part, keep the forks pointed at Lowrider, keep getting under his wedge (as Gabe previously explained), keep lifting him up and keep hammering away at him. Only go for CF when Lowrider is incapacitated. Hopefully we should be able to keep them apart and stay on top of them to take the win.

GL!
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy