Krakatoa vs Ververg

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Krakatoa vs Ververg

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:48 am

ABR wedge on lifter side, Normal wedge on flipper side. Start the match lifter side up.

Thin wedges? Good for wedging. But: they're easy as hell to angle into. Let's try that. If I'm under, we have the same drive stats except I have more torque. Turn with him so he's always on the wedge. Send him into bumps and hazards while at it. Keep him lifted up as well. If he's under me, attempt driving off, and before he can bring his clamp down, use the lifter to block it and fire the flipper in back to jump off. If I'm clamped, fire both mechanisms at once to make Ververg into a weird Z shape and pry myself free.

Try to stay on the lifter side unless it's not working, in which case try to flip him over with the flipping mechanism by driving to a safe spot and firing the flipper to have the flipper on top. Avoid driving into hazards, and don't let him have full control of me.

Good luck Laz
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Krakatoa vs Ververg

Post by Madman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:29 am

Ververg:
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Weapon: 4 (3/3)
Armor: 10 (+2 ABR plow)
Torque: 3

Krakatoa:

Speed: 7
Traction: 6 (+1 tracks bonus)
Torque: 2
Weapon: 5 (3 bottom jaw / 3 top jaw / 3 flamethrower)
Armour: 10 (+1 clamp)

<hr />

1) My pronged wedge is better.

2) I'd bet the house that he's going to angle in on it. Groundbreaking.

3) When I'm wedged, I can't be high-centered and he has no way of keeping me wedged. He can be high-centered on his upside-down flipper and I have a lifter and a clamp that are just as strong as his, so there's no forcing them open.

4) Drew's obviously gonna try to use his flipper to jar himself loose or something like that.

<hr />

a. If he angles in, counter it. Cut off his angle while he's swinging outwards or rotate at the last moment once he's committed. He might succeed sometimes, but big whoop. Okay, he gets under one of the corners of my lifter, which basically acts like a hinged wedge. He can push with three speed minus two from my two torque. Human reaction time is also a thing. J-hook off, get under his side, and clamp. Overall, I want him reacting to me whenever possible.

b. Keep the upper jaw low, just above him, so I only have to drop it a couple of inches. His flatness works against him here. Whenever I wedge him, don't stop moving. Keep plowing forward and clamp. If he fires the flipper to buck himself free, its angle will actually make him jump further into my jaws. In terms of driving away, he'll be high-centered, and he has to react, so I'll have a moment's headstart.

c. Whenever I clamp him, lift, parade, and flame for the entire timer. Those rubber tracks leave lots of exposed internals and look yummy for a flamethrower. Finish with a suplex into the wall to make him flop around unconvincingly for a couple of seconds. Conversely, without hazards, his offense consists of pushing me with one point of speed until I hook off.

d. If he goes flipper, he loses the ability to press. He'll try to flip me. The fact that an inactive rotary lifter just works like a hinged wedge when not being pressed works in my favour. Unless he can get all the way around my clamping assembly, he's just going to flick it up and take most of the sting out of his 3 power flip. As gravity brings the lifter back down, give myself a bit of space and then clamp him immediately. If I get flipped, self-right.

<hr />

(word count:399, yup)

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49