Chernabog vs. Diablo Genesis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm

All righty. I forgot to ask Wolf for his config but whatever.

DG has a bit of a speed advantage, but I out-wedge him. Aggressively pursue him and focus on keeping my front facing him. Keep my self-righting wings partially extended: with the limited power of his weapon and my extra weight this will make it hard for him to flip me over. Keep the beak low so I can crush him as quickly as possible, only raising it if he

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:28 am

Lifter, ABR wedge.

I've never understood that theory behind walkers with the legs towards the back having a 2WD wedge like that. It's going to have a little bit of wobble no matter what, hence why I made CdG's wedges hinged. But I'm gonna trust it for this one because I don't want to get Chernabog'd

*Looks at DG stats* oh lmao. This is the set of stats I put down where I gave it maximum drive power. Perfect.
Let's start by driving at him lifter down. His skids are wedgey, but easy to angle into, and I have almost twice his turning speed. If I don't get under, drive quickly so I'm off his wedge, or drive enough so my armored wedge is right under the crusher, in which case, *ahem* "eat a dick". Even then, the chances of him getting a good bite on my lifter bars is ehh. There's a reason why the ABR wedge has a definite lip on the top to block things like Chernabog's crusher, and the bars being round will probably make the claw slip. The only thing between the lifter and the dustpan? Empty space. But I don't want to rely on that, so really try to have the armored wedge hit crusher first :V.

Try to drive him around into walls and onto the speed bump while grappled. Granted, his legs are still on the ground, but it's a 2 point torque advantage on top of a 2 point speed advantage ON TOP OF a 3 point traction advantage. That drive of his just won't be able to keep up with mine. And even if it does, I'll still be controlling him and causing him to adjust. Do so until he releases

Oh yeah, back on topic. Angle into his skids (his body is long and his wheelbase is short. Have fun turning your boat HFL :v) If I get under him, he'll be beached. Is it going to take a long time to lift him up? Yes, I'll admit. Is he going to be able to do anything about it? Nope. The side wings only move side to side, and not in a fast manner, so he'll be a sitting duck. Aim to flip him over. Once I do, keep the lifter raised and drive to his side while he's righting himself. Get him in the dustpan and clamp. This not working? Keep the lifter down instead on the next attempt so he self rights on my wedge, in which case I can flip him again. Send him into walls, the middle of the speed bump, or whatever means necessary to show aggression.

Self right if flipped by raising the lifter to it's highest then using torque reaction (kinda like Venice Queen). Angle in, don't let him self right after I flip him, and make sure the only thing he hits is my wedge if he gets under me.

Good luck HFL
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL