Nightmare of Chimera vs Ritual II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 am

Dormy: Speed: 8 / Torque: 4 / Traction: 8 / Weapon: 1 / Armour: 9, +2 to the plow / Smug: Infinite
Ritual: Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 3/3/3 or 7, Gabe didn't declare which statset / Armour: 4

All Gabe declared is that it's "some sorta saw config". This isn't that helpful because it has two saw configs, so I'm going into this now knowing if the grabby boys are running but ok I guess.

Head down the right side, press, and aim to rush them down. Try to sneak under their wedge and stick them in the walls. Keep on bullying them about, keeping them in the walls. If it turns out they outwedge us, then stick the wedge into the sawblade's hinge so it can't bend over as easily as we push them around. The clamps don't look like they'd grip the big flat wedge too well, but if it does, reverse to escape and don't stay up on their front too much in further assaults. Keep up aggression, keep pressing and wedging when close enough, slamming them into walls, and see if we can get them stacked up on its side. OotAs clearly aren't an option, but perhaps stranding is. Avoid baits and hazards.

Best of luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Pronged wedge, saw arm (so the Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon (saw arm/flamethrower/clamps (3/3/3)): 5 / Weapon (saw): 7 / Armor: 4 stat line)

<hr />

+2 speed's not enough to consistently flank me in this ruleset, and I can get some damage through eventually with the saw. I also have wedge advantage here, and I control him much better than he controls me, since I have clamps, and when I get under him he'll lose half his torque since he'll have two wheels off the ground. both my clamps and my saw arm have more power than his lifter, so they will be able to oppose its movement if he tries to block them.

so ya, make this look like Sawblaze vs [insert bot here], really. use my wideass front to get under his bot from any angle possible, while j-hooking, spinning, etc. if he gets under me. if he presses, do try to angle in, but I should still even beat him then (since he has a flat wedge and I have prongs). when I get under, clamp, fire up the saw and flamethrower, and cut into him.

I'm forced to play this one a bit more passive than I'd like to thanks to the speed disadvantage, but still be aggressive whenever the opportunity presents itself - if he tries to angle in, cut off the angle. if he tries to flank, catch him in the side, etc. don't let him back me into corners, but do back off and circle in place when I need to.

obligatory don't be dumb line

GL
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122