Ayame VS La Valette

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ayame VS La Valette

Post by GF93 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:57 pm

La Valette has a metric shit-ton of weapon output on both sides, but I do have many things going for me. Since he's not an undercutter, he can't directly take away my ability to get under him -- especially with my thicker plating at the bottom of the wedge and the rounded corners being able to soak up more damage -- and due to the design of his bar, he's always going to be hitting the ground with it hard after each flip, and it'll be easier for me to stop it by wedging underneath/blocking directly. The armour's low enough to deal self-damage, and his low drive means I'll be able to quickly smother him and keep chaining flips -- so long as I don't let up and constantly force him onto the defence, I've got a very real shot at this.

Move out quickly, watch him closely as I approach, and force the initial impact directly up the front of the wedge in the opposite direction to which his bar is going to minimise the damage/knockback. Once he's knocked back, swoop in immediately, force my way underneath and flip him up, then aggression all the way. Constantly keep underneath, chain flips into the floor/walls/corners to deal self-damage to his spinner, ram/squash him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, and whenever I have the chance, physically block the slowed/stopped bar from turning using both my own body and the floor/walls/corners. Follow up on every opportunity by smothering and chaining flips, give him no chances to recover, and if I break the weapon, keep up the aggression and try to stack him onto the wall/corners to finish him.

Defence is mostly the aggressive kind -- proactively stopping his approaches and attempts to spin up cold, physically blocking the bar when it
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Ayame VS La Valette

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:58 pm

<big><big>En Garde&#33;&#33;</big></big> In the name of all things good and holy, and wielding his trusted Brony Bludgeon, La Valette seeks satisfaction versus this sickly green sin against all of robotkind&#33;

<hr />

La Valette: 3 speed / 1 traction / 1 torque / 17 weapon / 8 armour

Evildoer: 8 speed / 7 traction / 2 torque / 2 weapon / 11 armour

<hr />

For starters, my weapon is six points above his armour, which will deal catastrophic damage with the chance of a OHKO on every hit. At the very least, his flipper should be mangled after even a single hit, and I've toasted my share of 7/8 speed 12 armour wedges before.

Also of note, with only two torque, he'll be pushing me with two speed, so he has no way of keeping me on his wedge. He'll have to flip immediately. If he doesn't, there's nothing to stop La Valette (which is really hard to high-center) from hooking away/around, or jackknifing into his side (using the weapon torque to pull me faster to one side) and crumpling his armour into his wheels.

The big issue here is scoring those few full-power hits that I need. However, without hazards active and with an invertible design, there's no risk of damage if I try something and it fails, so I want to vary my approach.

1) Start sideways. Alex V is cautious, and he'll have a contingency for everything. He'll take a second to evaluate my approach and respond with his counter. Even this bit of hesitation helps me. Then, when the inevitable rush comes, do the counterintuitive thing. Don't back away to matador him. Rush forward instead. My weapon sticks out the back. Get it up to speed and deliver the hit.

2) If his flipper's working and he gets deep under La Valette, don't try to drive back. Drive forwards. I have some rotational stability, and if you look at a cheese wedge flipper like Apollo, if it's too deep under its opponent, it tends to toss them more straight up than actually flip them. As a midcutter, I can land with my weapon still going.

3) Being aware of impact angles and giving myself a lot of space to recover following impacts and just running to lessen his closing speed to five.

4) Baiting his flipper.

5) Using my weapon torque to swing me around much faster to one side.

There's a chance he'll try to avoid my blade and just go for my wheels. If this is the case, he's not going to flank instantly, and I'll get up tae speed. When I do, just drive straight forward. Unlike him, I don't care about hitting with my front. Scraping along his side works for me too.

GL&#33;
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!