Patchoul vs Marauder

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Patchoul vs Marauder

Post by V900 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:23 pm

HS setup wheeeeee

Start sideways, spin up, aim my front toward the opponent, stafe into corner. Failing that, use a nearby wall. Basically I'm gonna corner camp since hazards are disabled. Miss me with that flank shit. Our drivetrains are effectively his 9 vs my 6, only a 50% difference rather than a 7 vs 4 75% difference under standard rules. A clean flank will be impossible either way, given he has to contend with my spinner covering my entire front.

Look out for if he tries to use my gyro effects against me, adjust my driving accordingly.

If he's uncomfortably close (about 2.5 meters/8 feet away), then I just turn in place toward the opponent. Be conservative with my turning since my traction isn't very good.

(Just so we're clear, 10 armor gets crumpled by a 16 weapon spinner after a hit or 2 at most. :v: )

gl hf

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Patchoul vs Marauder

Post by V900 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Patchoul[/quote]
doh i missed

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Patchoul vs Marauder

Post by GF93 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Flipper Mode, Wedge Extenders ON.

Same weaknesses as last time apply here -- powerful weaponry, but very weak traction/drive and it's more-than-likely prone to breaking itself with its weapon. Since there's no hazards for this fight though, I'll make use of my Scoop and superior drive/armour to be aggressive, keep myself in his face, stop him from spinning up, and play his poor control and highly-telegraphed movement against him.

Start with the back (Scoop) facing them, move out quickly, aim the initial first hit dead-centre into the scoop, and force the impact by ramming into his bar to knock him back. Before he can recover -- which he'll have trouble with due to his poor traction/omniwheels -- swoop in, force him into the walls, and for as much of the fight as I can, be aggressive and force him onto the defence by ramming him into the walls/corners and squashing him into them to wear down the, keeping in contact to stop the bar turning, and if I can disable or at the very least cripple the bar, popping it over and trying to hang it up on the wall with the flipper.

For defence, keep a close eye on him constantly and be ready to act according to what he does. If for instance, he tries to juke by swinging the blade round into my side, either turn the scoop to block it if he's already up-close, but if I'm just on the edge of the range, reverse out the way and get him as he swings past. If he hides in the corner (ala :tellu: ), don't get suckered in -- park nearby, keep the scoop facing him, and be ready to ram him once he moves far enough out.

In any case, however; keep up the aggression, stay right in his face and keep him forced into the walls/corners for as much of the fight as possible to stop him spinning up again, keep the scoop facing him and my sides/corners well-protected, and only bring the flipper into play when his bar is slowed/stopped, preferably broken.

Good luck&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."