Dysprosinator vs. Neglected Waterbug

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:38 pm

Waterbug's drum weapon can't damage my armour but the lifters look a little threatening, I'm slightly quicker than my opponent and I still feel I can make something out of this and my torque is decent to bring in some acceleration too. I want to be very careful and go for an angle attempt where where there is a gap from the side skirt of Waterbug. Press my lifter down enough for the wedglets to go underneath the skirts and raise Waterbug off the ground and flip him, Once i've flipped him I'll use my lifter to clamp Waterbug if he starts to use the flipper to try and self right.

Since there are no hazards active I want to start out the aggressor and ty slamming Waterbug against the arena walls and quickly as possible. I want to keep on moving and angling and don't give Waterbug the oppertunity to catch me from the side I want to show enough of Dyspro's front wedge to protect myself and prevent Waterbug from even getting near the side of me or the back.

If Waterbug attacks me close from the side, quickly reverse away, defend and move at the front facing at my opponent.

Stay away from the lifter and spinning drum at all times and make sure to stay facing the front when attacking, I will do no flanking.

Good luck and may the best robot proceed to the semi's :)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:44 pm

ITT: i fight my own bot :dirk:

wedgelets on

You see those 2 hinged wedges on the side of <del>my</del> his robot? My wedgelets fit real nicely around his. Mine are also much longer. Long enough, in fact, that I should be able to completely sidestep his wedgelets when we meet wedge-to-wedge mano-a-mano. So, go for those types of situations as much as possible. A speed advantage of 1 is basically negligent under R4 rules. If he does any angle in meme tactics, then I should easily be able to angle my own wedges in the corresponding direction.

Be aggressive and use my flipper + drum to upend and prevent him from self-righting. No hazards which means walls are my friend, particularly in driving opponents into the walls with my nondamaging weaponry.

gl hf