Diablo Genesis vs Harbinger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:02 am

Lifter, ABR wedge

Aw, but I like Harby. But I've got bad news for you Josh.
I'M ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. MUAHAHAHAHA :dawg:

Nowhere does it say his wedge is hinged, but I'm guessing it is, since it has been in the past. And if not? All the better with that thwacking tail holding him down. That ABR wedge isn't even flush with the rest of the bot tbh. Sorry buddy.

My dustpan is bound to get underneath his wedge. Although he does have a speed advantage. Make sure he stays in front of me and doesn't angle in. He's fast, but only by 4 units.

Time for a...BOX RUSHHH. Drive so he's always at my front, keep the jaw halfway open. Get him in the dustpan and close the jaw to clamp him. Walls are spiked, right? I'll take that over nothing since there's no hazards. Or maybe the unpowered wall drum. It's off, but that doesn't mean it won't spin when I ram an 120 lb bot up it's ass.

If he goes for thwacking? Clamp him if he's not at full speed. If it's obvious he is at full speed, bring the lifter down, tank him, and lift him up while ramming him into the wall. Maybe even flip him over so his ABR wedge is useless (if that's what he's using. The plow is great for horizontals, but it's lol when it comes to wedging bricks)

If he can't damage me much, and his wedge doesn't win out, what's he gonna do? If I'm on his wedge, drive off. Self right if flipped (if he does flip me??? Idk). Make sure he doesn't gain the advantage in terms of damage by tanking his full speed thwack attempts with the lifter

Good luck Josh!
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:52 pm

WE ARE THE HARBINGER OF YOUR PERFECTION

-Wedge set-up. And I've been informed he's going with lifter/ABR. Are we excited for this one yet? :P

-If he decides that he wants to press, that's probably going to hurt him more than help since I've already got a speed advantage over him, so sacrificing mobility wouldn't be ideal.

-The kicker here is no hazards so there's no consideration to be given for hazard camping or corner camping. So logically he wouldn't stand to gain much by playing passive. So drive out at him and (I feel so cliche saying this) try to angle in a bit at his front corner. If he is pressing this would be an easier target since he'd be less maneuverable, but in any case this where Harby's super speed must be used for everything it's worth.

-If I can out wedge him, then the fact that I'm looking to do so from an angle is going to get at least one of his wheels off the floor so he'll be harder pressed to try and drive away, and in any case he's not retreating anywhere any faster than I can pursue him. Honestly slamming him into a wall or keeping him on the run are both pretty positive outcomes. In neither case is he doing anything to help himself score points.

-If I don't outwedge him (and indeed if wedging him proves to be a chore in the long run), then try to back off quickly and possibly throw in a quick smack with the thwack before he try any lifting/clamping/ramming shenanigans. In the case of a clamp, as long as I have both wheels on the floor, he can't actually push me anywhere since I out-torque him. In fact I'd be the one pushing him. Obviously that isn't ideal for him so doubtless he'd be looking to retreat and try again. If he drives straight backwards, I out speed him so he'd get nowhere. So most likely any escape would involve J-hooking or something similar, so be ready to spin around with a thwack if he is in position to escape.

-Basically just need to focus on staying as aggressive as possible and try to chase, wedge, and occasionally thwack at every opportunity. Outside of thwacking moments, try to make sure I keep my wedge pointed in his direction as much as possible.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.