RoBattle HW Week 3 Bowling Megathread

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:52 pm

This is the megathread for all RP in this week's Bowling event. Post your strategy, tactics to knock down more pins, et cetera. As usual, don't read eachother's RP.

Participants:
MiDAS (NFX)
LowRider (NoiseyGiraffe)
Compound Fracture (Hooray for Lexan)
Neuromancer (The_Angry_Goat)

Bowling rules can be found here.

Good luck!
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm

Six wheels and regular forks, please.

Keep the axe extended out in front for both runs, along with raising the lifters up fully, increasing the dimensions and cross-sectional area of MiDAS to improve its knock-down-the-pins-ability.

For the first run, approach along the left-hand edge of the alley, before turning sharply right just before I get to the pins, in order to try and sweep across the pins on a diagonal. This should get MiDAS sideways as well, where the extended axe and raised lifters can allow it to collect more pins as I go.

Do a mirror image on the second run, approaching on the right and turning sharply left, again getting sideways and coming in on the opposite diagonal, to take down the pins on the other side of the alley.

Good luck!
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Compound Fracture:

Use the anti-horizontal plow config.

This is the widest, giving me the most margin for error in hitting pins. On my first run, take a conservative run-up a little below speed, then once I

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Have the body of the robot flat so the wedges are slightly off the ground. Run down the centre and try to spin the robot on the slippery floor. Second run exactly the same unless the spinning doesn't work in which case don't spin.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Boat config (statline Speed: 7 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 0 / armor: 12 (+3 front - the entirety of the angled front should be about 1/3 of the bot, but pretty much just goes from the tip of the wedge as far back as is legal :V ) )

it looks like there's an incline between the start point and the pins, and I imagine it's there to prevent the strategy I want to do of "drive up slowly and knock down all the pins at like, 3 speed or something." if this is actually a strategy that is possible (in other words, I don't get DQed, there isn't an incline, etc) - then I will do it. if not, do not have me do something that would clearly have no possibility of working from the getgo, please.

there now Nick can't get salty :V

anywho assuming that doesn't work, gun it down the track and shit. when we get near the end, pull a hard right and tokyo drift sideways through all the pins - because my outer shell is hinged to have side to side freedom as well as vertical freedom, it's quite do-able for me to go sideways even if I do have to deal with an incline, and it makes me incredibly long so I can hopefully hit all the pins that way.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122