MiDAS vs. Neuromancer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NFX

MiDAS vs. Neuromancer

Post by NFX » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:13 pm

7-7
7-5
3-4
5-5
8-9

Small wheels and twin forks for this fight, please.

We're just as fast and manouverable as one another, but I'm better controlled. He also has no way to directly cause me damage, being a pure lifter. Gabe tells me he's using the triangle nose here, focusing all his wedge potential onto a very small area right at the front, and allowing my forks plenty of opportunity to get underneath him either side of that leading edge.

Move out swiftly, keeping the forks pointed at him. If he tries to circle around me, I've got the speed and control to keep facing him and prevent him getting anything other than my front end. Force him to go wedge-to-wedge with his triangle lifter vs. my forks. His lifter must have a gap of some size underneath the angled sides, especially if he presses, and with how far my forks extend past the chassis, I'm likelier to get under his lifter than he is to get underneath mine. Press the forks for extra leverage if I need to. From there, burrow underneath his main chassis to get his wheels off the ground and remove his Torque advantage, bring the axe down to clamp him in place, then drive him underneath the pulverizers and start smashing him with my axe as well for some double hammer damage goodness. Repeat ad three minutes, maybe take him to the killsaws instead of the hammers to slice up his tyres if I'm having trouble getting him to the pulverizers.

If he does get under me somehow, there's no way he can effectively keep control of me, so I should be able to drive off, given my chassis shape will keep at least one wheel on the ground. If he does try to lift me up, then with the fulcrum being in front of the rest of his machine, he'll instead tilt himself forward. If he flips me the other way, I can self-right quickly with my axe and back away to regroup and reposition. Avoid the walls and hazards myself, and ruthlessly exploit the design advantages my forks have over his triangle wedge to get myself underneath him as often as possible. This match will be all about controlling the opponent, and I feel I have the better design between us for that.

Good luck, Gabe, and may the best bot win. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

MiDAS vs. Neuromancer

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Neuromancer: Speed: 7 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 5 / armor: 9 - triangle nose
MiDAS: Spd: 7 / Tra: 7 / Tor: 3 / Wep: 5 (3 lifter, 3 axe) / Arm: 8

<hr />

A note about MiDAS - you can clearly see the linear actuators that power its lifter, and you can also clearly see that the forks can't move any further down from their neutral position. this means that his lifters will act much more like static wedges than a standard rotary lifter, and that he can't actually press. in other words, I win the wedge war like, 90% of the time if we go head on. As a bonus, my wedge fits nicely between the ground scraping parts of his forks anyway.

He'll say that his perfect control should always point him wherever he wants, which is a small comeuppance when my control is still OK and he loses the wedge war.

It's in my interest to force a head-on encounter. when I do, ram him into a wall and plaster him up against it with my lifter. I could try to push him to hazards, but his exposed rear wheels will make actually directing him anywhere a pain, and I'd rather just go for flashy crashing around anyway. obviously if I get a clear shot to hazards or whatever i can take it.

if he gets under my lifter, I can easily turn any situation to my advantage, since it can act as a hinged component while being lifted (ID I don't have wheels lifted off the ground), and it's stronger than his axe (5vs3 weapon power). let him try and lift me for a little (while pushing him with my superior torque), then get myself free from the axe, lower my lifter, and get under him while his slower lifter is still in the air. if he doesn't lift, just keep pushing on him - I have the better torque&#33;

if he gets under my body, immediately start spazzing out with the lifter while j-hooking all over the place. my lifter is more powerful than his axe, so he won't be able to maintain a successful hold on me as long as I can get it into play - and the lifter covers the majority of my body. don't let this happen though.

Overall, I want to be crazy aggressive throughout this, keeping him on the back foot as much as possible and preventing him from properly setting up a wedge attempt with his thin front forks.

obligatory don't make me do dumb shit and adjust to his strategies line

GL
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122