Biological Warfare vs. Harbinger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat May 05, 2018 8:54 pm

GHOST-RPING FOR SYLANDROPHOL

Spin up, put my lifter on the floor, and get in there. Harbinger has an 11/8 speed advantage, but thanks to the teeth on my lifter I should outwedge him. He may go for my sides or angle in though, so watch out for that. Be aggressive if possible, but I may need to just focus on pointing the weapon at him if he can actively maneuver.

If I get under him, push forward to hit him with my drum, then keep hitting him and popping him in the air for as long as possible, and try to get him into the nearest hazard. If he gets under me, either frontally or from the side, try to turn to get the drum facing him, raise the lifter, and go forward. If he has the ABR plow my drum can just hit his chassis, and I will at least scratch him and deal cosmetic damage. At that point, lower the lifter to try to climb over him.

If I'm inverted, apparently this bot can gyrodance self-right, but Harbinger might not give me time to do that, so instead raise the lifter in the air (so lowering it relative to the bot) and ram him. I should definitely be able to flip myself back over doing that.

So yeah, basically try to toss him around and control the match by keeping him airborne and using my better wedge, and be as aggressive as I can get away with. Don't drive on the hazards even though they make up 95% of this arena's surface.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat May 05, 2018 10:10 pm

WE ARE LIMITLESS

-Go with the wedge here.

-The drum doesn't really have the power to be of too much concern damage-wise, but obviously getting smacked around by a weapon isn't ideal so hopefully I'll be able to keep any drum action to a minimum.

-I should have a good enough speed advantage to where I can maneuver around his lifter and/or drum, especially if tries pressing the lifter since that would cut into his maneuverability.

-Not much in the way of fun hazards to exploit here, but tossing him about with the floor flippers should at least go far in keeping him from establishing any kind of offense against me. He goes flying through the air, and I use my speed to hunt him down again and keep repeating ad infinitum as long as it is giving a reasonable amount of success.

-If the floor flipper plan isn't working so hot, then try to smother him in a corner and mix in some shots with the thwack when I have him pinned.

-If I find myself having trouble getting around the lifter/drum, use the thwack to knock him away and then try to rush back in before he can get the lifter/drum back in my face.

-Don't get baited to hazards, but otherwise try to stay aggressive as much as I can and keep the wedge pointed at him outside of the above outlined times for thwacking.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.