Neglected Waterbug vs. Sinmill

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sat May 05, 2018 8:44 pm

It feels like there's some shenanigans going on with armor bonuses here... shouldn't weapon armor be calculated off the armor of the body of the robot (12-3+4 = 13, not 16)? Not that it matters: I can't really damage it much either way. At least the flipper arms do only have 9 armor. Hopefully I can hit them hard enough to bend them into the spinner or something and jam it up. I'll do you proud, Kenny.

To that end, I'll spin up as fast as possible and try to swing my spinner into those flipper arms. If that fails, I'll try flailing around, trying to hit the sides of Waterbug (where I will do some serious damage if I get a hit.)

I'll stay away from the hazards as much as I can and be as annoyingly aggressive as possible once my spinner is going fast enough to damage some part of Waterbug.

Good luck Noah.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Wedgelets (black claw things) off.

I have at least 14 armor on my entire front and 16 armor on my drum, which is pretty lol. There's also the fact that he can't really drive straight on at me without being sideways, which will either have his weapon slide up my bot's sloped sides or will be very easy to avoid. There isn't much he can do to bypass my front besides trying to hit the inner faces of my wedges, and even then he'd be hard pressed to not smack the drum instead.

Go on the full aggressive, not like I'm gonna KO him from my weapon alone. Angle in so that his blade hits the fronts of my wedges, don't fire the flipper aside to self-right. If I can't right with the flipper, drive into a wall.

When bullying Sinmill around, aim to get him onto the flippers. Failing that, the corner spikes. Alternate from charging head-on and angling to keep him guessing.

gl hf