Xonotic vs Speed Bison

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Xonotic vs Speed Bison

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:29 pm

well, i expect this guy to try angling in on me using his forks, so only try to wedge him head to head and
flip as soon as he's wedged up, try to chain the flips so he can't recover and counter-attack

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Xonotic vs Speed Bison

Post by attackfrog » Sat May 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Speed Bison isn't the fastest robot, this time. But it's using its forks, which should give it a wedging advantage. Yes, Xonotic is 2WD, but if Speed Bison raises its front wheels a bit, it's functionally 2WD too. Of course that does slow it down a bit (as it does for any pressing wedge), so I'll try to do it just a little before impact. Once Speed Bison gets under, it's got the greater torque, so it should be able to push Xonotic around and into whatever hazard happens to be nearby. If Speed Bison gets out-wedged, try to drive off before I get flipped, and if I do get flipped, try to self-right with my wheel-arms if I get the chance, or just stay upside down and wedge with the tops of my forks otherwise. (I'll rotate my wheel arms so the wheels are on the ground in this case for better driving.

In general, be very aggressive and direct. Don't bother trying to flank, and prevent Xonotic from flanking by getting into its face before that can happen. Hope the forks work.

Good luck Bastien!