Yellow Buzzard vs Dr Robotnik

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:03 pm

oh boy, me facing an undercutter, well there is a couple things that may play in my favor
-somewhat wide front end will make it hard for him to get to my sides
-angled sides on the wedgelets means he won't be able to cause too much damage to them
-4 weapon advantage over my armor means it won't be easy for him to actually KO mr

the plan here is to keep making sure he'll only land hits directly on the front of my wedge and that he doesn't catch my front corners, however that doesn't mean we'll play defensive all the time, in fact the idea will be to try to flip him over so that he then hits too high to do much damage to me, BUT that doesn't mean going too trigger happy with the flipper, while flipping him over would be helpful it's not absolutely necessary to the point of doing dangerous moves for it

GL

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat May 05, 2018 10:00 pm

-A flipper with strong armor? How exciting! At least Land of Confusion doesn't give him dangerous hazards to work with. Going with disc.

-Obviously I'm not outdriving him, but I do at least want to move so I'm not parked directly in front of the floor flipper. No need to make it easier for him to toss me in the air.

-With a 4 point weapon over armor advantage on him I can actually do a fair amount of damage with each hit. A KO may be tough to come by, but I'll be tearing openings in him every single time I hit him. With all kinds of holes getting knocked into his flipper, disabling it is not entirely unreasonable. At the very least he'll be losing the little wedgelets pretty quickly and that'll hurt his wedging ability.

-So yeah, the strategy pretty much comes down to keeping the disc pointed in his direction as much as possible and trying to keep away from the floor flippers especially. If I do get flipped over, I should still be able to hit him okay as an overcutter. If I can't for whatever reason then try to drive over a floor flipper to get back into undercutter mode.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.