Charybdis vs. Redemption Denied

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri May 04, 2018 6:17 pm

So, in terms of armor and drivetrain RD is very similar to Dreadnought, and I expect similar tactics.

The big difference is the arena. First of all, there's a floor flipper right behind my starting square, so immediately spin up CCW and move out to the right to avoid getting pushed or bounced into that by a box rush. After that, stay spun up and in the center of the arena to the best of my ability.

Redemption can actually flip me initially since he's rear-hinged. However, I want to aim to hit his flipper and NOT his side wedges, because I can very quickly start tearing up his flipper to the point where it can no longer get under me. I threaten a KO on every full-speed hit, and I can reach full speed very quickly. Strafe to compensate for attempts to angle into my spin direction.

Now, I actually KOed Dreadnought; the reason I lost was because I bounced myself into the wall spinner. Well, this arena doesn't have a wall spinner. The only damaging hazards are the flamethrowers, which shouldn't do much if I bounce across it at high speed due to the contact duration being so short, and the floor spikes, which if I bounce over them at high speed will be very hard for the hazard operator to actually hit my underside with. And 7 armor isn't normally OHKO territory for hazards anyway. The floor flippers are potentially dangerous, but hopefully my gyroscopic forces will keep me upright.

So, uhh, basically spin2win and keep myself off of the hazards as much as possible until he dies.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat May 05, 2018 10:20 pm

-This is definitely the kind of fight were it is extremely important to get on the offensive ASAP and stay on him like white on rice. He's extremely deadly at top spinning speeds, but fortunately I'm well equipped to wedge and flip him without too much effort.

-Luckily his actual "move around the arena" speed is only slightly above comatose slug so there's little chance of him running and hiding (not that there are any real hiding spots in LoC arena. Anyway, box rush this mofo like I've never boxed rushed anything before and get to him as quickly as possible. Wedge and flip him!

-Even a half-decent flip will put a halt to any spinning his doing and at that point it'll be that much easier to keep him from spinning. Between me and the ample amount of floor flippers, I want to keep this guy airborne for as much of the 3 minutes as I can. He's got no speed to try and run away after landing from a flip so tracking him down and chain flipping shouldn't require too much extra effort I would imagine.

-Keep my front facing him as much as possible. Even if my wedge/flipper gets too damaged to do the flipping myself I still have enough speed and torque to at least push him to the floor flippers.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.