Dreadnought MK3 VS Golden Blaze

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Interesting take on the classic overhead spinner, especially with the srimech. However, he's pretty slow, he loses a big chunk of what would've been pretty decent defence for his type with the bonus at only 5 armour (so he may be susceptible to damaging himself?), the bar doesn't undercut whilst also long enough to catch on the floor when he's lifted even slightly off the ground, and because of the srimech, it loses a point and becomes 14 power -- which my armour should be able to resist for the most part, especially if he can't directly damage my wedge. The srimech also looks susceptible to being flipped onto from underneath (ala Mortis VS Steg 2), so that gives me at least two ways I can potentially kill him.

Anyway, I'll want to be aggressive but not too reckless. Move out quickly, keep the front facing him and approach from the opposite side to which his bar is spinning to minimise any damage I take, and force the initial impact around the sides/corners to knock him off-balance. Then before he can recover, swoop underneath, flip him over, and from there, get attacking. Don't fire the flipper unless I'm definitely underneath, and avoid attacking head-on so I don't get caught on the wedgelets.

From here, aggression all the way. Focus on keeping underneath and preferably him flipped as much as possible, and actively interfering with all his attempts to right himself. Mix it up as well by squashing him into the walls to wear down the clock, pushing him onto the spikes and floor flippers if he isn't already turned over, blocking his bar from turning and cutting off any potential escape routes if he tries to run, and just generally making him suffer. Try to have him damage himself and knock him onto his top whilst his srimech's open or stack him back-down against the wall to put him down for good!

Defence mostly comes down to using good common sense and not giving him any chances to recover. Don't fire the flipper unless I'm definitely underneath or his bar's slowed/stopped, keep underneath and blocking his bar from turning using the walls and floor, don't let him use the conveyor belts, and attack from the sides/corners to stop the wedgelets coming into play. Even if he does get under though, just reverse off and attack from somewhere else.

Good luck!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:53 pm

oh boy, this is basically Cassius 2 but modern, 9 armor tho, so i'm theorically threatening to kill him on every good hit, but i'm slow and he has all of the angled surfaces on his front end, so basically it's either i somehow bite into it's flipper when he has it fired throught some act of god, or i flank him somehow and get into his side panel, the second option is a teeny bit more likely and less risky, so basically, try to land hits more torwards the sides than striking head on and hope you can get the few good strikes required to kill him

GL