The Magpie Effect vs Raus

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Jamied666

Post by Jamied666 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:04 am

-I beat him in drivetrain so get away to spin up and then chase him down so I can angle in on his 6 armour feeder wedge, then keep going in for hits as his wedge should be horribly infective.
-If he tries to bait me then wait him out, and if he tries to flank me just reverse and turn and angle into his wedge
Avoid dumb driving and good luck!

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:59 pm

Alright. Me versus Jamie. I've got history with TME, but I know how i can beat him.

Firstly, he's not actually designed to be 2wd. TME in Garry's Wars is actually a 4wd robot, which means he'd turn better there. He's probably gonna be a lot slower to turn because of how much wedge he has to turn that is grinding on the ground.

Secondly, that drum is high up the wedge so I can just floor it backwards if I'm sliding up his wedge before he gets a hit in: he'll lose traction if I get under HIM due to how his wheels are not in a Tanto-esque manner and will be lifted off the floor if I wedge him.

We both have to go head to head with our attacks. There's no other way, as if we go for angling in, we'll allow our opponent a brief opportunity to get under thanks to gyro dancing.

To start with, hang back, let the drum spin up, do general somewhat-aggressive stuff to try and get under him but don't commit to an overly aggressive attack. This is a 1-hit-decides-the-fight kinda match-up. Wait till he tries angling in out of desperation by spinning the drum speed down to minimise gyro, back away/hook away to prevent the wedging from occurring and then attack the side that's off the ground.

He's only got 5 armor, so go aggressive once I know I can get under him so I can get a quick 1HKO.

If i'm struggling to line attacks up due to gyro, just either turn the drum off or spin it down to a much lower level, depending on what works best.

TL;DR: Wait for his gyro, then go all-out attack. Line attacks up with the drum off or slow to ensure this works out.