Firebird vs. The Surgeon

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Firebird vs. The Surgeon

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:26 pm

USING FRICTION DRILL CONFIG

Okay, The Surgeon has a pretty powerful drum, but he doesn't have much reach or a feeder wedge. Firebird's armor is all sloped, so most likely he'll just scrape against it and not do too much damage. We're equal in drivetrain, but I can outpush him, and his own armor is fairly weak, so I should be able to drill throughout and get a KO with repeated attacks.

Now to strategy. Come out of my square aggressively, with my drill arm raised well out of harm's way and my clamp a bit higher than the reach of his drum. See whether I can get to his side. If I can, try to do so to avoid the risk of his drum hitting my weapon supports. If I can't, settle for a head-on attack: his drum is small enough that I should be able to reach over it and clamp down on his chassis, then bring down the drill. If I have him clamped, pin him against the wall before releasing to prevent him from catching my jaws on the way up.

Be sure to stay on the attack and keep control of the fight: my front wedge can easily get under him and I have better torque and a clamp. It'll be difficult for him to flip me over, but if he does immediately self-right and turn to get my wedge into position to catch any attempted followup attack. Stay away from the low wall, just in case. If he tries any weird flipping maneuver using gyro forces to try to hit high-up on my body, stay back and let him finish, then dart in if he comes down in a position that's open to attack. DO NOT let my weaponry contact his drum. If I'm in a position where it would, don't use it until I can adjust to a safe positioning.

Keep drilling holes in him whenever possible, targeting the actual flat top plate and not the sloped sides to maximize my chances of hitting internal components. Hopefully he'll stop moving or at least lose his drum at some point, and if not it still gets me damage points.

Good luck, and may the best robot win!