Striker vs. Babaganoush

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Striker vs. Babaganoush

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:29 pm

Normally, I don't post stats, but I feel I need to now, just to make sure I keep them straight.

Striker: A: 4, S: 10, T: 2, W: 6
Baba-G: A: 6, S: 5, T: 2, W: 9

Ok, first thing I need to keep in mind is that his dual spinning treads aren't gonna do squat to me. His weapon equals my armor, so he won't hurt me that way.

Now onto how he can hurt me. Chiefly, he's got a sizable speed advantage. Well that blows. Ah well, let's first start with because my body is round, the angle of attack will pretty much always yield the same result. The only advantage he has in driving around me, really, is avoiding my flipper, which is probably an end unto itself. Of course, if he is going to avoid the flipper, he's gonna have to work for it. I'm gonna come out charging, and try to veer off to the side as he gets near to try and avoid his wedges. Once he misses, I'll turn and get under his side with the flipper and FLIP! I'll keep near him and keep tossing and bossing him around as much as I can. Just keep flipping him. As long as he's in mid-air, he pretty much can't harm me. Plus, everytime he lands, it's damage as he crashes to the floor, and with an armor of four, his body won't hold up after a number of power-9 flips. Flip him till he's deader than my '93 Cavalier that had one cylinder blown, the other three on the rocks, and bad spark plugs. You get the picture.

As for those annoying wedge teeth, I just want to say first, damn you Dylan for starting the trend. Next matter, Striker'll no doubt try to scoop me up with them and take me to the hazards. He'll have to avoid the flipper though, and though he's twice my speed, he'll still have to circle a greater distance around me to make it happen. If I can my flipper under one of those thing, FLIP! Sure, they have the +2 advantage, but that's still 9-6, flipper owns. I'm gonna try and snap off as many hinged wedges as I can. He's got a separate set under the primary set, so it's twice the effort, but I'll keep it up as much as I can, just flipping and snapping off the wedges. Each one may take a couple hits, but every one that flies off is damage points for me.

Of course, he's got to be confident about his hinged wedges. My skirts are magnetized though (see bot description, so that's gonna make things ever tougher for him. And if he doesn't succeed at first, he'll have to come back in again, and when he does, I can deke off to the side and get under his side and FLIP!

Fight as hard as possible, and do all that's possible to stay off his wedges. No bothering with the arena hazards. I'll just let my flipper do the awesome work.

Area51Escapee

Striker vs. Babaganoush

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:10 pm

Here's the deal with Striker...when I created him, I gave him the treads because it gives me so many different attack options to work with. Hence, it fits right in well with a bot like Babaganoush.

Let's take a look at some general observations. The first being in that Banaganoush is a power flipper, which means that most all of his offensive strategy is based on flipping the crap out of you. Striker is, for one, invertible, and pretty much exactly the same on both sides so that means I shouldn't be effected at all if he does happen to flip me.

Next thing is that it's my hinged wedges going up against Baba's regular circular wedge. I think it's safe to assume that my wedges are probably lower and that means he's going to have great difficulty even flipping me. When I do get under him with my wedges, I will throw him around a bit. I want to slam him hard into the wall so that I have a better chance of getting him onto my treads on my back. Yeah, Striker doesn't have great torque but Baba's torque is the same as mine so if I get him off the ground, I can definitely slam him well enough to toss him about the arena.

Let's say he did get under me and was about to flip me...for one, he'd have to get far enough under me to get under my chassis (notice my hinged wedges are quite long). Secondly, even if he DID get under my chassis, he'd have to take some damage even if he did want to flip me because, as you know Striker's treads go through his underbelly and my treads would touch his circular wedge and bang him up (my weapon power is 6, so yeah, it would do damage). So basically, even if he did flip me, he'd have to face the pain of the treads, which is almost just as bad for him because it would potentially break his flipper after awhile depending on how much damage I end up doing. ALso, the treads also help as as a way to get off of a bot because the treads can help glide a bot off the chassis of the opponent.

So in saying that, I will avoid the nail to start off the match. My basic strategy is always approach him from the wedges side (assuming they do a good enough job of getting under him and slamming him around). If/when I get under him, I will take him to the walls and possibly the hazards. I will spin my treads in the direction of my wedges so that it will help keep him on my back.

No matter how he goes about doing things and trying to win the match, he's going to either have to ride my wedges or hit the treads (or both). Good luck.