Jack Frost vs. Yellow Cloud

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:18 pm

As I gaze upon the visage of my bot and Chris's, I notice one thing. That's a big honkin' disc. I also notice that I have speed, torque, and armor advantages. Thank science I have the armor advantage. Sweet mother McKree, thank science I've got that beautiful armor stat.

Ok, no doubt he'll come after me with that disc, and no doubt that I'd go against him with the wedge, right? I mean, sheesh, it may be somewhat close to rocket science, but not quite there. So yeah, I'll go after him with the wedge, especially that new low hinged wedge to make things more interesting.

I have better than double his speed, so of course, I'm gonna try and avoid that disc and get to his rear or sides. That'll prove difficult, given his two wheels give him a nice turning circle, but I believe I can overcome it, especially with better than double his speed. If I can get under his side, I will. Get him as far up as I can. Hopefully, that'll put his disc into the ground and either stop it or bounce make his wheel ride further up the wedge. Once in control, take him to the Piercer. To break his disc would be asking for too much, but the support armor around the disc would be good to wreck. And if I can get the Piercer to snap the chain that helps turn his disc, that'd be excellent, as it would incapacitate the disc. So, I'll take him to the Piercer and keep him prisoner there as long as possible. If/when I have to let him go, I'll get back on it as often as possible. If I can take out the disc, the match is pretty much mine, since he really can't fight me any other way. If I take out the disc, take him to the other hazards and let them beat Jack Frost up until he's either dead or the buzzer sounds.

If his disc should prove unavoidable, then I won't avoid it. I'll back off and ram him full-speed, full-wedge. The force of the hit will most likely send him up the wedge or put a big gash in me. If the latter, so be it. The gash shouldn't be so bad since I've got 9 armor to his 12 weapon. Plus, if the main wedge gets the +2 advantage as a passive weapon, that puts the wedge's armor to 11, making his disc almost useless against me. The hinged wedges will definitely have that, but he won't hit the hinged wedges, most likely. Either way, take the disc on me, and use the ramming to take control of him and take him to the Floor Spinner or Shooting Spike and let them wreck him, possibly his drivetrain and try to KO him that way. I won't try for the Piercer, since I'll be too close as well.

This shoudl be a good fight. Good luck, Chris.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:45 pm

Despite Yellow Cloud's good armor stat, it isn't as high as my weapon stat which could tear him up if he got exposed to disc enough. I would also like to point out that he has low torque so he won't be able to throw me around the arena like some other wedges would have. I'm not to worried about that. The biggest concern is of course, his speed. He's got a 9 speed, but I've got 4, so I'm not as slow as some other spinners are. I also have a very wide chassis so I can turn myself pretty well considering.

The absolute essential part of my strategy is to keep my disc facing him at all times and since Jack Frost has good turning, he's good at doing that. YC is a fast little wedge, but he's gonna have to do some amazing driving to avoid my blade a lot. Chances are a will at least catch him several times during the match. If this is true, I see myself causing enough damage and strategy to hopefully win the judges over. However, I want to really make sure I leave an impression before the three minutes runs out. I notice that YC has a hinged wedge dragging at the front of his bot, this is actually a perfect target for Jack Frost's disc. His hinged wedges are going to be at the same height that my disc are so, if I get just one shot in on those hinged, they are almost surely gone, which means I will easily be bale to get the hinged wedge out of the way (major damage points). Then I can start beating up on his regular wedge, which should do even more internal damage if I get enough hits on him.

It's all a big question to see if Jack Frost is maneuverable enough, but since that's my big key to winning I will do whatever it takes to keep my disc facing him. Good luck.