Aquarius vs Tank

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

panicattacky2k

Aquarius vs Tank

Post by panicattacky2k » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:59 pm

Ack. This isn't going to turn out pretty. I'm pretty sure he'll use the plow, so I'll RP like that.

Okay. I don't think I can get under him anywhere. Except maybe his sides. Try to flip him from the sides a lot, and if I can get under there, try to control him where I'm in a good position to flip him into a hazard. A 6 flipper isn't overly powerful, but It's strong enough to flip him. Another good point for me is that he has 8 wheels and 9 speed. He might have some difficulty turning, and possible control issues due to high speed may also factor into that. So maybe getting to his sides won't be too hard. When the match starts ticking down, flip him like crazy so he won't have time to score any more points.
Basically, to recap, flip him from the sides like mad, if there's an opportunity to flip him into hazards [I won't be able to control him for very long most likley, so I won't try it if I'm too far away from a hazard] Flip him like mad near the end.

That's all, good luck alex, not that you'll need it.

Siphai

Aquarius vs Tank

Post by Siphai » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:16 am

Tank
Armor - 7
Weapon - 0
Speed - 9
Torque - 6

Aquarius
Armor: 5
Speed: 8
Torque: 3
Weapon: 6

Since Aquarius is a wedge, I'm obviously going to use my wedge set-up here.

I've been looking at this matchup for a while, and I see how I can play this aggressivly now. At first I was worried about Aquarius' low flipper, but then I realized just how much it protruded from its chassis and can the to the realization that I can play this close to how I played ToC2 for the first time in FRR4. What I'm saying is that my front hinged wedges can actually fit around Aquarius' flipper. Thus, I'll be able to get under him without him getting under me from the front. It's perfect.

I notice that he has five armor, which I actually hope to take advantage of. I don't think it can take a lot of punishment when I slam it over and over into the wall, or bring him over to the spinning hazard, so I hope to do that.

Lastly, I have the speed advantage of one point. In my Prof. Pepperdine RP I said a one point advantage won't be enough to get around your opponent, and I still stand by that. Thankfully though, I'm not the one who has to get around my opponent. Because of my aformentioned strategy at getting under Aquarius, his only hope is to get under my sides and back. (All of which are actually pretty low, so he has to hit my wedge with his flipper and not part of his wedge) And with my speed advantage, I can truly can stop that and not allow him to get under me for probably all fight long.

Okay, now for my actually fight plan. I plan to go forward and out to the side pretty fast (so that I avoid the pin thing in the middle) to take him head on. As I said, I should easily be able to get under his front. If he tries to go around me, then I'll just keep going forward before turning around so that he is unable to get under me. Regardless of what happens, I should be able to get under him pretty easily. After which, I plan to take him first to the spinning hazard so that his 5 armor is messed up pretty badly. Then I'll just keep switching back to ramming him into the wall and ramming him into the hazards.

I underestimated a flipper once, and I'm not letting that happen again. Aquarius is getting nowhere near my sides or back.

Avoid the pin, and good luck Tony.