Underall vs. Gayle

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Fish Of Doom

Underall vs. Gayle

Post by Fish Of Doom » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:10 pm

Underall: speed-8 torque-7 armor-7
Gayle: speed-5 weapon-12 torque-2 armor-3

I'm using the pointy wedges for this one.

Gayle's got a powerful spinning ring, but the actual points of impact are these tiny little teeth nubs. The pointy wedges should give me a good advantage to get under him without taking any damage. I'm much faster, plus he has to deal with the g-forces of a huge spinner, and it will be harder for him to manuver. I'm going to keep my front facing him always and just go right in for the charge. His teeth are so small, and since the ends of my wedges are pointed, there's not going to be much room for his teeth to connect onto me and toss me. Even if I do get tossed, My wedges are armor 9, so i can take a hit and i'll just go right back after him. It will be fairly easy to get under him without much more than some sparks, so i'm going to be as aggressive as possible. Getting under him is going to cause his spinning ring to grind into the floor since he's so low. This should slow him down enough so that even if he does ride up my wedges and into my main chassis, it won't hurt too bad. As soon as I'm under him, I'm going to drive him strait into the nearest wall to stop his spinner completely. Once the spinner's stopped, I just will not let up on the aggression. If he gets off of my wedges, i'll immediately get back under before he can spin up. Everytime I get under him, i'll just continue shoving him around the arena until the time's up or he gets KO'd.

G-Force

Underall vs. Gayle

Post by G-Force » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:02 pm

okay here we go!

form any outside perspective, someone would look at any wedge versus a spinner in clear favor of the wedge. But upon close analysis of these two bots, Gayle does have several clear-cut advantages.

First of all, my base (looks like) its much large than his. not only that, but I'm flat. That means for him to get under me , he'd have to charge right into my base, which has very low teeth. Since I'm so damn wide, My teeth are definitely bound to clip the side of one of his little wedges, whipping him away, or possibly ripping the piece of wedge off.

I know he's faster than me, But I definitely am not that slow. I have plenty of speed to maneuver myself to his right side, so that when he tries to ram underneath me, by teeth will clip the side of the wedges.

If he does manage to get under me, he's going to have a hard time holding onto me. I'll have a speedy base whipping around all over the place, plus since I'm so wide i'll probably fall off one of the sides, not to mention I'll be wheeling around on top of his wedge trying to get myself off.

If I have a clear cut shot at his back ro sides, of course I'm going to go for it. my weapon power against his armor power surely puts me in a good place to put some nice dents in.

as a recap:

-If he tried to ram me, my teeth will clip the wedges and fling him sideways.
-If he doesnt get under me, by wild base will keep him from holding on.
-Be on the offensive, make him scared a bit. charge at him. try to hit his sides or back but because of the other two points ^ i'll be okay if he attacks me with his wedge.