The Arbiter vs. Tank

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Arbiter vs. Tank

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:48 am

Okay, my old buddy Tank.

So, as the fight begins, I'll come around the nail and make my move. I guess he'd use his wedges here (since it would problably be more effective for him, if he used the plow, I would have a good shot at getting under that). So I'll come in for my old fashioned angled attack to try and nullify the advantage of his wedges (sorta like I did before with ToC). If I'm gonna get under him, this is how I'll have to do it initially. If I do, I'll get under him as much as possible, then move toward a wall and flip him. This should leave him vulnerable to another attack from me. If possible, I'd like to bring him to the wall drum at some point, since that will be a huge help in juggling him up and making it easier to get under him and flip him.

So there we go... Good Luck.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

The Arbiter vs. Tank

Post by Siphai » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Tank Mk4
Speed: 10
Weapon: 0
Armor: 8
Torque: 4

Arbiter
Speed: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 6
Armor: 7

Well, if it isn't Josh's obligatory HW flipper bot. =P

I'll be using the wedges again.

Anyway, looking at the stats, I see that I do have the drive advantage. A +3 in speed and a +2 in torque. It's not a huge advantage, but it is a nice advantage none the less. This gives the the opertunity to get to his sides and wreak havoc on him. He has a nice armor, but my armor advantage means that the wear and tear will be showing on him before me, if it even shows on me. While I do have the drive advantage, I wonder if getting to his sides is even necessary, since his front seems so nice and open for my wedges to get under. It seems like a single piece wedge, and we know how effective that happens to be against Underall-esque multi wedges. And with that, I think I just neutralized the most important part of his bot - the flipper. With no advantage in speed, torque, or armor, one could only imagine that Josh would have to play the only advantage he has left: the weapon. Yet it is not so, since to utilize his flipper, he needs to get his entire front wedge under me (since his flipper lies flat with it, and not extended like his proveious versions), which would mean that he'd have to get under my front (assuming that my speed advantage would stop him from getting under my sides). However my likely wedge advantage stops this and with it, I hope, his last hopes of winning the match.

Thus, I will come out fast and avoid that nail. To stop his advantages, I have to completely utilize my own. I'm a pusher, and that's what I'll do. When I come at him first, I intend to fly right past him before stopping, immediatly turning around, and coming straight at his back. I want to get under him, and slam him into the drum. This should flip him, which would require him to self-right. Of course, self-righting takes time, and I would just keep slamming him into the drum over and over again. Assuming that he gets away, or this opening does not work, then I will continue to do what Tank does best. Get under and ram. Come at him head on, or swerve and swipe under his side - it doesn't really matter as long as I manage to get under him and do my slams for points.

If, at anytime in the match, he manages to get under my front wedges then quickly drive off. They are, of course, just hinged wedges and thusly it doesn't really matter if he flips them or not. If he does get under the main body, then try to drive off as he flips, so that he doesn't get the best flip and tip me right over. I am a wide bot anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Still, as long as I can keep him from getting under me and getting points, I should be good.

Good luck Josh.