POPR vs. Amp

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Kiazi

POPR vs. Amp

Post by Kiazi » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:16 pm

POPR
Speed: 6
Weapon: 5
Armor: 6
Torque: 5

Amp
Speed: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armor: 3

I will use the single lifter because it is lower than the other two lifters and trying to use a hammer would be just straight up stupid. The single lifter will allow me to get under his wide base easier and it will allow less area for him to attack.

A few things I have going for me is that I have a one point advantage in speed and that POPR is a very low profile robot. While scouting Amp, I studied the match between Amp and Barrier and Barrier was able to get under Amp and I believe that I am as low as or lower than Barrier. So I should be able to get under him if I am careful about it.

His weapon is pretty strong and my hinged wedges will have a durability of 8 so I will not last forever but I should be able to last long enough. I need to get a flip on Amp to win this match so I will approach him carefully at first with my flipper lowered. I want to be aggressive here but also to be smart about it. I will run at him and if I get under then I will lift him up and flip him and continue to push him to a hazard. I will flip him and then push him to any hazard. The hammer should do some nice damage to his underbelly with a stability of three. If I take him to the drum, it could very well bend the lip of his wedge, which would hinder his driving if he makes it back onto his wheels.

If he hits me before I can get under him, I should be able to deflect some of the impact with my wedges. His bar may slide up the wedge although I am pretty sure it will still damage me so it will be a double impact. My hope is to recover quickly and run in with the flipper and take control of him. I will flip him and then push him to any hazard. The hammer should do some nice damage to his underbelly with a stability of three. If I take him to the drum, it could very well bend the lip of his wedge, which would hinder his driving if he makes it back onto his wheels.

I believe that he can flip himself back over so I will keep control of him and try to keep him from self-righting. If he does reright then I will get after him before he can spin up again.

WCS: If my flipper dies then I will just use the arm to draw his hits and swoop in with my wedges to push him around.

Good Luck

Minion33088

POPR vs. Amp

Post by Minion33088 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:44 pm

POPR
Speed: 6
Torque: 5
Weapon: 5
Armor: 6

AMP
Speed: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armor: 3

Ok, this should pretty much be a straight forward fight. 1. His bot is quite rectangular, which will allow me to get great shots on him. 2. His weapon is recessed between his 2 front pods and it doesn't stick out much, making it very difficult to use the lifter. 3. My weapon sticks out past my chassis much farther than his lifter sticks out past his chassis, making it impossible for him to use the litter while I'm spinning anyway. 4. My weapon is nearly twice as strong as anything on his bot.

So, as long as I can play it safe and keep the weapon spinning, I should be able to deal out enough damage to KO him before he can get my weapon stopped and somehow wedge under and successfully flip me. I'll use my hit and run strategy to keep distance between us and allow me to get back up to full speed between hits.

Good luck John.