Phobia vs. Manta

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Phobia vs. Manta

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:58 pm

Should be a good fight.

There's really not a whole lot to say here. I'm just going to be focusing on getting the hammers to his chassis as much as possible and hopefully getting under him the majority of the time. He's got a good turning system, but I still have the speed advantage, so I'll probably be able to prevent him from getting to my sides.

Start off by coming out and around the nail, heading right towards him. If he tries to get around me, try to counter his move. If I get within close enough range, start pounding away with the hammers. I should be able to get dozens of hits in by the end of fight, so the damage will definitely begin to pile up. If I can get under him, there's not really a whole lot he can do. It would mean I can scop him up, pound away at him, throw him into the hazards without much worry.

I can selfright with my hammers if he does flip me so I'll be prepared for that. Be aggressive and focus on pounding the crap out of him. Good luck.

BEES

Phobia vs. Manta

Post by BEES » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Those axes aren't too high-powered. They have 6 points on them, and they swing independently. Separate motors? That would cut the score into a 3 for each hammer, which won't do anything. So I'm guessing Phobia relies on frequency of hits, rather than strength. If you look at manta, and look at Phobia's weapon, you see that it's very difficult for him not to hit my well-armored weapon arm. If you look at Phobia's weapon configuration, you see that the axes can't travel beyond 180 degrees, because they are stopped by the robot's front. So naturally, if I get under Phobia at all from the front, he can't hit me with his axes. That's a pretty good design flaw for me to take advantage of.

I'm going to just go at him and flip him. There don't seem to be any wedges too low for me to contend with. It's a pretty boxy, bulky robot, so it should flip very nicely. Once it self-rights, flip it again. It can't move around on its back, so it'll just be me flipping him over, and him re-righting every once in a while. Hexadecimator vs Killerhurtz. I won't try anything fancy like flipping him into certain things. I'll just try to keep him from ever getting in too many hits.

Play it safe and I should have this.

Good luck.