Barrier vs. Influenza

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Barrier vs. Influenza

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:40 pm

This will be very similiar to my fight with AMP. There are a few differences, though. For one, AMP has the ability to self-right while Influenza doesn't. If I get him flipped, he's done for. That'll be my main goal for the fight but I won't rely on it.

When I come out, I will set my lifter low to the ground a run right into Influenza as fast as I can (avoiding the nail, DUH!). Both my hinged wedges and my lifter have an armor of 10. He has a weapon of 11. So that means, even though it wil cause damage, it will hold up for a long time in the fight. Also, I hope that the first contact will be the only major attack he gets during the fight because after that, I will probaby be able to get under him (when he's slowed down a bit). Then I will carry him on lifter/wedge and throw him around the arena. If I drill him hard to the arena, I might be able to flip him. If so, hurrah, fight over. If not, just keep staying on him and never let him go out of my control. The good thing is my chassis is surrounded 100% around by wedge, so it would very difficult for him to break loose. Even if he starts spinning up again while on my wedge, I can throw him to the wall and that'll probably stop his spinning again.

I'll make very good use of the hazards if I can. Avoid the nail. However, most importantly, stay on him and keep him on top of my chassis to make sure he doesn't break loose. I have better drive then he does so I should be able to do this. Be aggressive as hell. Good luck.

BEES

Barrier vs. Influenza

Post by BEES » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:04 pm

I have a very nasty surprise in store for this spinner killer. Call it the 'Code:Black in reverse' attack.

My weapon will ride up those very thin wedges and I'll scrape the tops right off his wheels, incapacitating him. AMP couldn't do this, because it didn't have flat propeller teeth. I also have a bit more reach than AMP, which should keep him from being able to use those lifting forks.

My helicopter blade rides lower than AMP's cage, but the edges of the teeth are higher. Barrier is a very low robot, so I'll only just hit it. Against the sides of this robot I might simply deflect it, but since the wedges are so gradually sloped, my spinning blade will be forced to scrape right over the top of the robot.

I'll go for whichever side seems most convenient, make my surgical strike and cripple his drivetrain on one side. Make it again if he still has some movement on that side. Once he's going in circles, I'll power down the weapon, and stick to pushing with my rear wedge. I happen to have better torque than he does, so that should bode positively. Once he's on a wall with only one side working, that'll be it.

I'm also powering down the weapon as a safety measure. If it's off, he can't flip me. It's physically impossible, he would lift from the center, but the helicopter blade is much longer than his lifting arm, so I'd just slip off.

Otherwise, watch out for the nail and walls, and that's about it.