Celestial Slayer vs. Exotherm

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Two vertical spinners facing off here.

He's got me by one in speed. However, since he is such a narrow bot, getting to his sides might be more doable then I expected. Whatever side he comes at me with (presumably the disc), I will try to stay to his corner. That way I can avoid hitting his disc but more opportunity hitting something of his from his sides. If I can either get around him a bit or get under one of his wedges, I should be able to clean up big time. His wheels are also fairly close together, this means his turning isn't going to be that spectacular which means an even greater chance of getting around to his sides.

I'll play it smart to start out. Come out slowly and avoid the nail. WHen we get close make sue to start drifting off at angle away from him so that I can avoid running into the disc. I'm hoping if I can't get around to his sides, I can at least get under his wedges. My scoop scrapes the ground so it should be close. Let's say I can't get under his wedges, I will try to point my spinning bar in the direction of his disc to try and hit the side support of his disc assembly. It's tough to do but it just might work. I would also like to point out that armor is a big factor here. We'll probably get hits on each othjer during the fight and since my armor is greater, he will probably weaken quicker (or at least I hope so).

The bottom line is drive carefully, avoid the disc, try to get to sides or try to get under corner wedges. Keep repeating strategy until I have him scooped up and ready to be sliced. Once I get him scooped, I should be able to maintain the control for awhile which means he might get KOed. Good luck.

BEES

Post by BEES » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:46 pm

I'm going to approach with the wedge first. I'll make a long running slam, but try to pass him completely the first time, then turn around, and do it again, but pause when he's got me lined up with the disc, close to one of my wheels. Then I'll spin to try to hit him on the side of his wedge, and start pushing from there. Try to get under, push CS into a wall, back up a bit and push again. Try to get it to a hazard. If his disc ever slows down, I'll try to use mine. If I ride up on the wedge at any point, I can just back up. It's pretty difficult to get Exotherm's wheels off the ground. If the entire wedge gets pushed up, the wheels are still on the back edge of it, so the whole robot will just rotate around them. The weapon assembly would angle further up, since it's on an axle with the main body too. I think if I can just stay nimble and keep myself from getting pinned, I can score a lot of aggression and strategy points and come out ahead.

If anything unexpected happens, back away and present the disc. Watch out for the nail and hazards. That's about it.