An Albatross vs. Warper

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

An Albatross vs. Warper

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:10 am

Y'know, I thought this new version of Warper was actually improved... and here it is still looking for its first win.

This fight worries me too. We're even in speed, I have slight torque and armor advantages, but he has the weapon advantage. His weapons are twofold, so they each are powered to 5, which means he can't hurt my armor, and my discs on the same motor are at a draw with his armor, but are lower than the hinged skirting. So basically, my chief concern is making sure he doesn't knock me over with his weapons, and with the improved skirts, that shouldn't happen.

Careful driving is key to this fight. Keep the upper body out of the claws. Drive carefully. Try to keep askew of his clamps and skirts. Try to get under the skirts on him and push him to the hazards. Use the Drum most favorably, but keep pushing him around. Take him to every hazard if necessary.

Any chance I get at his side, take. That'll only help me boss him around.

Try and keep out of the clamps. Try to get him to misfire them. If I have to go face to face, do so, but be ready to back away when he starts to working the clamps. Knick them with the saws when I can. In fact, that's pretty much how I'll work around them. He'll have a hard time clamping me because of the discs. Not only are they big enough to give him trouble clamping them, but they'll also be spinning, making it hard to get a good grip. If he gets me within the clamps, spin the discs forward so they'll be pushing upwards on the back side and use that to try and throw that yoke off me. Or as best as possible. Fight every which way I can.

Good luck Matt.

i think i got my cat preg

An Albatross vs. Warper

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:37 am

ive pretty much given up on the idea that any of my bots will make the finals besides possibly fbomb sooo im just gonna have fun with this

lets see, he's got a big thing sticking out the top of him, and i've got a clamp. hm. hmmm.

allright so he's got spring powered hinges or something right. i wonder if i hit him hard enough they'll pop inwards twords the bot and get stuck there? well, im running into him full speed anyways, and either i get under him, smack the skirt, or ride up and over him and hit his upper chassis. this may just be some wacky fantasy but i kinda wonder if, despite him being bottom heavy, i can hit him hard enough and with enough force to roll over the top part and latch on with the clamp while doing so, effectively flipping him. that's some photo reel shit, eh?

it's doubtful but it's worth a shot so after i try that once or twice and it proves itself ineffective (or not?) i can start aiming for where the skirts meet in the corner and catch an edge to get under with. all i want to do is clamp and keep holding onto him. most importantly, i want to saw up the skirts just enough so that i can get under him consistantly without too much trouble.

as much as i should probably be worried about two spinning disks, i'm really not. i have an armor of four, matching it. despite my lexan sides (probably being less than 4 armor) i imagine my metal front wedge and top being a little bit more so i can let that get banged up a little without too much worry. it's not like i'm facing AMP or whatever again, right?

good luck "succotash", if that is your real name.... :mellow: