gudfernuthin exh vs double dose

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

i think i got my cat preg

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:45 pm

its it still 420 cause im about to smoke some bot MMMMMMMMMMmmm ill pop yo chain off

that's about all i got.
what's with all the god damn spinners? it's pretty much the same exact strategy as last time here, exept i can try to hit his chassis too. we're practically the same bot only he has one more speed and i have one more torque, so if i can damage his weapon before mine flies off the handle or whatever i can not only rip some fun stuff off but i'd also still beat him in a pushing match. my only concern is, yet again, my wheels. i can't really tell from the pics because there's no side by side shots or anything but if i let him underneath me hes gonna mess up my wheels and im gonna be driving with a limp.

only trick i have up my sleeve this time is when we hit weapon to weapon, the second we make contact im backing up full speed and whipping around backwards thwack bot style to try and get some good chassis hits. not only will it give me a better shot at damaging him, but it will also do a pretty good job of protecting my wheels

this other move is kindof a backup plan but if that doesnt work and im running out of time left, im gonna back into him full speed in reverse, and since my back end is very high up it's possible i could drive over his front end and do kind of a "hop" over his bot, leaving me facing his back and ready to rip that little wedge off. that's gotta score some damage points, right?

good luck

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:46 am

Gudfernuthin:
SPEED 6
TORQUE 2
WEAPON 10
ARMOR 4

Double Dose:
Speed: 7
Torque: 1
Weapon: 10
Armor: 4

Awesome-sauce; we're nearly identical. Luckily though, if there's any advantage to be had in this spinner vs spinner match, it's speed, and I have it.

Ok, it appears to me that Gudfernuthin's rear end is pretty high due to his large diameter wheels, but his front should be pretty low due to the shorter length of the weapon shaft that will touch the ground. This will give him a slightly angled weapon. It's hard to tell how high it'll be off the ground, but I suspect it going to be extremely close to the ground, if it doesn't actually hit the ground.
If it does hit the ground I'll be in great shape. As soon as he turns it on it'll send his bot spinning out of control and he'll be forced to turn it off.
If it's just barely off the ground, I can work with this too. Every time we hit both of us will be jarred somewhat. With his weapon being so close to the ground as is, if he tilts just the slightest bit his weapon is liable to hit the floor and knock him out of control, not to mention drastically slow his weapon. Once his weapon is spin down, I can move in on him and take advantage of the situation. Seeing as though I'm the faster bot, I should be able to move in on him before he can regain control and get some shots in before he can do anything with his weapon.

If/when we go weapon to weapon, we should each be affected in relatively the same way, seeing as though we're both horizontal spinners with a weapon power of 10. However, his bot is 2 wheels drive, while mine is 4, so when we collide and go flying off in different directions I should be able to keep it under control better than he can. If I can maintain better control, I can get moving again before he can and attack before he's ready.

If his weapon hits my body, it won't do as much damage as when I hit his body. This is due to the weapon design. He has 4 blunt bars which will just scrape my body. I have 2 sharpened bars that are designed to hook into the armor and rip into it.

Also, alot of people think that having 4 bars is better than 2, but I don't think that's the case. With having 4 bars there is less of a gap between bars when they're rotating, which will lead to smaller hits because the opposing bot never has a chance to drive inside the weapon's spinning diameter before being brushed away by the tip of a bar and therefore can't really get whacked by the weapon. Know what I mean? That's why many smaller class bots are now using bars with 1 bar.

Good luck toAst.