Predator vs. Manta

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Predator vs. Manta

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:30 am

Okay, some speed here to help me, and his armor is kinda short compared to my weapon, so heres another straightforward fight. I'll come out around the nail and then I'll do whatever it takes to get to his side. My two wheeled driving system should be able to give me the manuvering advantage and once I get to his side I can let my drum go to town on him. 11 to 4 is pretty much in my favor to damage him pretty well. This fight will pretty much be me keeping at his side and keeping the drum on him. I should be able to force him back into a wall and limit his escape. Keep drumming and eventually I'll either KO him or have earned enough points for the JD.

Good Luck.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

BEES

Predator vs. Manta

Post by BEES » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:40 pm

I'm a bit curious. That drum isn't really set up to do damage, but more just get under things. It has the same 'single tooth going all the way across' that little-drummer-boy has, not teeth like El Diablo or Redrum. I don't know, whatever.

I'm pretty low though. I'll go ahead and engage the drum head-on, flip it from right under it. Should be able to get successive flips just from pushing against the radius of that big barrel. Something might break, or it'll just be a boring fight. I need to be careful about fake-outs again. I'm not going to engage the weapon until I'm THERE. Also won't engage it if I'm behind Predator, because I'd just flip the wedge over, and the drum would get to hit my exposed front with the arm up. I think the arm itself and the skirts should be able to take impacts pretty well. The skirts have big axles holding them on, as opposed to lots of little, brittle hinges for bots like Biohazard. If he gets under those, the frame goes around the legs, so he'll hit the frame, and probably flip me over.

If I get flipped, I'll re-right so that my sides are presented, instead of the front or back, that way I can get the arm down and get away in time.

I'll try to win this based on aggression and strategy. Hopefully I'm right about the drum's ability to do damage.