Rooster Teeth vs. Influenza

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:18 am

Whoa, what a slobberknocker this should be! I do have a slightly more powerful weapon (and by proxy the more durable one). Plus there is my speed advantage should help me get favorable attack spots.

So, basically this fight will be realativly straight forward. I'll spin up to full speed and come out of my square and around the nail and try to pick my spot to attack him. My first hit on him will probably be needed to stop his weapon before I can get at his main body. I'll try to get him more from the side and I'll be trying to put momentum in my hit to try and knock him back into a wall or at least keep him off balance enough for me to go for my next hit. From there its just go in for the jugular as it were and try to get as much hits on him as possible. Knocking him back into the wall would definetly help, but I want to make sure to stay clear of his front as his torque could be worrysome with that wedge.

Thats pretty much the long and short of it, so Good Luck.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

BEES

Post by BEES » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:19 pm

I'll run my weapon in the same direction as RT's, so that they hit each other directly, instead of spinning against each other.

I still have the primary advantage I had over Rooster Teeth in our previous fight: reach. I can reach through that spinning cacophony of spikes and hit the meaty center. I also have teeth that won't break off when you hit them, which is nice. Seems the amount of support on each of the rooster's teeth is about the same as last time, and those just broke off.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that while the stronger weapon score indicates a more durable weapon, that score has to be spread over the amount of surface area dedicated to the weapon. Mine is a pretty simple helicopter blade, while RT's is a big shell covered in two-pronged teeth. So my 11 weapon score is concentrated where it counts, while RT's has to cover the entire surface area of the robot, as well as more teeth than you can shake a stick at. Clearly, there's no way he could muster the armor to make it just as durable from every single point, when there's so much more weapon there.

So here's what I think will happen: I'll be spinning, RT will be spinning. I have more control, while RT is faster. So neither of us will do any fancy maneuvering. We'll get to a clear area in the arena, and hit each other. My weapon reaches further, and I'll wind up knocking off one of those spikes. My weapon will stop, his will slow down and start wobbling severely. I'll stay back, spin up, and go in again to finish the job, since the wobbling will limit the speed RT's weapon can reach substantially (and keep it from getting wheel control). Should be able to completely break that weapon with successive hits. It looks like there's enough random stuff sticking out to keep me from cutting completely through the shell and into the creamy center, so I'll go for a judges decision. If both of our weapons stop, I have the better pushing power.