Eurypterus Evolved vs. Sand Crab

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:48 am

I don't think Eurytperus will actually use the plow version. If he does, I'll go after him, avoid the hazards, rotate on my treads to keep him from getting to my side, and match plows. Mine's a lifter, his doesn't. I'll lift him onto his flat back, and leave him to die a la Ankle Biter. I have the torque advantage, so I can push him around, too, if need be.

Now, onto the much more likely scenario of the wedge assembly. I gotta admit, impressive. Part of the original intent of the Sand Crab design, something that ended up lost on the evolutionary step up to Bad-Ass Barnacle, was to handle wedges. I'll do all I can to keep him from getting to my sides, which may difficult, given his speed advantage. Try the Nail strategy, if possible. That may help, by holding close to the Nail. Force wedge to plow confrontation. As we near, lower that plow to scrape and ride rear of treads. If I still am not lower, he'll push past the plow to the hinged wedge. It'll be unlikely for him to get under both weapon and wedge. My wedge will be dangling, even more, so it'll make it harder to get under. If he gets under, back off and escape any way I can. If he goes up the wedge, bring the plow down and clamp. Try and trap him in there. Once I do, off to the hazards. Use them extensively, and don't let him go until I have to. He's a hardy bot, so it won't hurt much, but it's points. Keep that up as I'm able.

If my plow actually proves lower in the initial scenario, lift him up. Even if it's just the plow I lift, I can still push because I have better torque. Push to the hazards. If he escapes, just get ready for another advance and keep making it happen like that.

He can't pull that flying-backwards and over me shtick this time because of the plow, so no worries there.

If he attacks with the rear wedge, same strategy. If he gets to my side, drive off any way I can. I have treads, I can handle uneven terrain, plus the plow can push me up if a wedge gets caught. Come out as quickly as possible, and keep lifting, pushing, fighting, all I can. Another battle of two very durable bots. Should be fun.

Good luck Alex.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:49 pm

Eurypterus
Speed: 9
Weapon: 0
Armor: 9
Torque: 4

Sand Crab
Armor: 8
Speed: 3
Torque: 6
Weapon: 5

...wow. I'm not sure, but I think Sand Crab might be the slowest guy in history. I mean, if memory serves me correctly, The Aristocrats was probably faster. On top of that, Sand Crab is tracked, meaning his heavy form of transportation makes him just a little bit slower. Of course, he's heavily torqued but that doesn't mean a lot when I can swoop in from the side and carry him to destruction.

I'm using the wedge today, by the way.

Okay, first off I'm going to rant a little bit about the nail strategy, if I may. Last season, it seemed to be Philip's domination strategy. It was the strategy that, if he passingly mentioned, he won. Of course I'm exaggerated, but the fact is that this strategy is super overplayed. Infact, I think it's probably even more overhyped than Halo was (zing!). To be honest with you, looking from the overhead view the pin looks to be no more than about (I'd say) maybe a foot in diameter, but probably less. When he used the strategy against Tank last season, I was actually kind of confused. We're heavyweights, and my speed advantage is huge. Hell, I think it'd probably take no more than two seconds for Tank or Eurypterus to be on their second lap of going around the nail. And yet, somehow it seems like I was chasing them for about 30 seconds until they managed to 'get under me' somehow. Yes, through the constant running around the pin, they managed to get to my side somehow and get under me. :/

To put it simply, HW's and SHW's are too big, too fast, and the nail is too small to make the strategy even viable, let alone logical. But whatever, that was just a little something I forgot to pipe in at the end of last season.

Anyway, like I was saying before, my speed advantage is huge. To be honest, I should be able to get on his side of the arena, before he even gets half way to the nail. Think of it this way. If I was only twice as fast as he was, I would cover twice as much ground in the same amount of time. In other words, I would get to the pin while he's only halfway there. And when he got to the pin, I would be at his starting block, right? Well, since I'm 3 times faster, I should easily be on his side of the arena before he even makes it half-way there.

Yeah, my speed advantage is definatly going to be crucial.

Once I'm at him, I want to get to his side. It should be no problem, since I'm three times faster. Heh, I know I keep coming back to that speed advantage, but the fact that I'm just so much faster is just so important. Getting to his sides probably wouldn't be any trouble for me, just like it wasn't for Manta. From there, I want to take him to the hazards and maybe try to break those tracks in order to immobilize him. He has good armor, but since I have control, eventually the wear and tear will begin to show.

Incase he gets under my front, back off immediatly. Same for the sides and back. Those are all hinged wedges, and so if he tried to lift them, he wouldn't be lifting the main chassis. And thus I would be able to come back in, underneath his lifter (hopefully getting under his second wedge).

Well, that's all I could think of right now. Good luck Philip (and sorry for the rant on the nail =P