Tank Mk. 4 vs. Diamond Jim

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:35 am

Oh, I can just hear Siphai's teeth chomping at the bit to take down Diamond Jim. There's a chance he MIGHT go with the plow set up to stifle any potential thwack attack; however, I seriously doubt this because with his torque at only half of mine, he'll have to be able to get under me to prevent me from controlling the fight. So, for now, I'll assume he's going wedges on me.

I'll come out right away towards him. Here's the beauty though, he's only got a +2 speed advantage, and DJ can spin if necessary, so he ain't getting to my sides. He'll have to fight me wedge on wedge. With four hinged wedges in the array, he seems to have the edge here, but, my wedge is designed to power dive on impact, so I should be able to get lower. Also, since I have double Tank's torque, I only need to get under ONE of those wedges, which increases the odds for my favor. If I can get under one and wedge us together, we'll be stuck, and he won't be able to run away so easily. I can push then, which I will. I'll push him into either square and pinch him in. From there, I'll start swinging the spiked hammer and get him as much as I can. We're equal there, but it's still points. If I can separate, I'll do it when I have to. Keep hitting. From there, use the other hazards.

Won't thwack too much. Only if I need to. If he uses the plow, just wedge under him and take him to the hazards. Keep going as much as I can. We won't break each other, but we'll sure as hell try.

Good luck Alex.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:33 pm

Tank
Speed: 10
Weapon: 0
Armor: 8
Torque: 4

Diamond Jim
Armor: 6
Speed: 8
Torque: 8
Weapon: 0

This is going to be considerably harder than against Dogpounder. I'm going to have to go with the wedges here.

His torque is double mine, but I still have the speed advantage. And, like in the last fight, I should have the wedge advantage. Fact is, as Underall has proven, multiple wedges are superior to a single piece wedge. Using this, I'm going to go with the idea that I'll get under him. It shouldn't be too hard, considering the fact that his hammer also weighs his back down, putting less pressure on his wedge. As it is though, I would prefer getting under his side, so that he's unable to push back. To achieve this, I'll go out and get under his front, but I'm going to do it at an angle such that it slides me towards his side. This would completely put him under my control and allow me to exploit his sub-par armor (via the hammer only. The drum would allow him to get out of my control, despite flipping him).

Since that method may not always work, I would also like to try faking him out. Yes it has failed in the past, but I'd like to think that maybe it could work for me this time. Try driving foward and see if he goes to thwack. If he does, back away before coming in for the sweep to get under him. If he doesn't, then revert to plan 'B' in which I come at him at an angle. Either way I might be able to get something here.

Whenever I'm able to get under him, send him to the hammer. His 6 armor isn't the greatest, and it'd give me points.

Good luck Philip.